Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with extra_english.lang
Wank Offline

Threads: 11
Problem with extra_english.lang

The description of my custom story, and the first two entries were working. Now that I added the other two, none of them are working an im not getting an error.

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You find yourself in the mansion of a deranged artist and musician. Could he be hiding something in this hidious house?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_letterone_Name">A quick note to self</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_letterone_Text">So I don't forget- The key to the study is hidden behind the painting in my piano room!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_noteenvelope_Name">To Costa De Luca</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_noteenvelope_Text">You are invited to show your work at the Bergam Art Museum! Bring any artwork pieces as you wish, and we will see you there! (1834, October 16th)</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEOGRY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Name">Journal Entry #1</ENTRY>
<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Text">1834, October 16th. Now that I have been invited to Bergam, I can bring my "master piece".</ENTRY>
</CATEOGRY>

<ENTRY Name="Note_diarypaper02_Name">Journal Entry #2</Entry>
<ENTRY Name="Note_diarypaper02_Text">1834, October 17th. The showcase is in two weeks, so I need to prepare more quickly.</Entry>
</CATEOGRY>

</LANGUAGE>
05-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Problem with extra_english.lang

1. You have 4 Journal categories, which is unnecessary Smile You can simply put them all into one Journal Category.
2. </CATEOGRY> on the last line is spelt incorrectly.

Try this:
<LANGUAGE>

<Entry Name="Description">You find yourself in the mansion of a deranged artist and musician. Could he be hiding something in this hidious house?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_letterone_Text">So I don't forget- The key to the study is hidden behind the painting in my piano room!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_noteenvelope_Text">You are invited to show your work at the Bergam Art Museum! Bring any artwork pieces as you wish, and we will see you there! (1834, October 16th)</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Text">1834, October 16th. Now that I have been invited to Bergam, I can bring my "master piece".</ENTRY>
<ENTRY Name="Note_diarypaper02_Text">1834, October 17th. The showcase is in two weeks, so I need to prepare more quickly.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 02:39 AM by Romulator.)
05-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Find
Wank Offline

(05-25-2013, 02:38 AM)ROMul8r Wrote: 1. You have 4 Journal categories, which is unnecessary Smile You can simply put them all into one Journal Category.

Try this:
<LANGUAGE>

</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

OH, I get the hang of extra ennglish now... Thank you! Smile

(05-25-2013, 02:45 AM)Wank Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 02:38 AM)ROMul8r Wrote: 1. You have 4 Journal categories, which is unnecessary Smile You can simply put them all into one Journal Category.

Try this:
<LANGUAGE>

</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

OH, I get the hang of extra ennglish now... Thank you! Smile

Actually, still not working. No text is showing up!
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 02:47 AM by Wank.)
05-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

You're welcome Big Grin We all do our best to help. If you have more questions, just post Smile
Also, I noticed you joined recently:
[Image: WELCOME.jpg]

05-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Find
Wank Offline

(05-25-2013, 02:48 AM)ROMul8r Wrote: You're welcome Big Grin We all do our best to help. If you have more questions, just post Smile
Also, I noticed you joined recently:
[Image: WELCOME.jpg]

Actually, still not working. No text is showing up! I see what was wrong, but did not fix Sad
05-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

<LANGUAGE>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Name">Journal Entry #1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Text">1834, October 16th. Now that I have been invited to Bergam, I can bring my "master piece".</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 02:57 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-25-2013, 02:57 AM
Find
Wank Offline

(05-25-2013, 02:57 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: <LANGUAGE>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Name">Journal Entry #1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_diarypaper01_Text">1834, October 16th. Now that I have been invited to Bergam, I can bring my "master piece".</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

It's still not working...
05-25-2013, 03:11 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

When you load up your CS; does it say your Custom Story Description or does it simply say "No Description"?

Also, try changing the two ENTRY Name to Entry Name. That MAY work
ALSO
Try deleting the .map_cache file which should be the same name as your map and directory

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 04:10 AM by Romulator.)
05-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Find