Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a billboard not creating them inside the editor!
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
How to make a billboard not creating them inside the editor!

Yeah I'm working on my project now and I need to know how to make "Own billboard" I don't mean how to create in the editor! There is a difference.

So I need advices for that. Thanks.

- Humi

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM by HumiliatioN.)
05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: How to make a billboard not creating them inside the editor!

First make the billboard itself in either Gimp or Photoshop. Make sure it has transparency if needed. Save it as a .png. Then open the material editor. You can make the billboard from scratch, but I find it easier to just open another already made billboard and then find the "diffuse file" box and switch in your picture. Also if you want your billboard to be solid (meaning you can't see through it) change the Blend Mode to Alpha. Then click File>Save As (Don't click "Save" because it will overwrite the one your editing) and put it the new one in your custom story folder. Then in the editor just go find it and bada bing.

This always works for me but I am by no means an expert, so if you still have trouble, just wait a while and one of the Super Friends will be along eventually Smile

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
05-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-28-2013, 09:46 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: First make the billboard itself in either Gimp or Photoshop. Make sure it has transparency if needed. Save it as a .png. Then open the material editor. You can make the billboard from scratch, but I find it easier to just open another already made billboard and then find the "diffuse file" box and switch in your picture. Also if you want your billboard to be solid (meaning you can't see through it) change the Blend Mode to Alpha. Then click File>Save As (Don't click "Save" because it will overwrite the one your editing) and put it the new one in your custom story folder. Then in the editor just go find it and bada bing.

This always works for me but I am by no means an expert, so if you still have trouble, just wait a while and one of the Super Friends will be along eventually Smile

Save it as a .dds instead. The Material Editor only recognizes .dds files.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(05-28-2013, 10:37 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-28-2013, 09:46 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: First make the billboard itself in either Gimp or Photoshop. Make sure it has transparency if needed. Save it as a .png. Then open the material editor. You can make the billboard from scratch, but I find it easier to just open another already made billboard and then find the "diffuse file" box and switch in your picture. Also if you want your billboard to be solid (meaning you can't see through it) change the Blend Mode to Alpha. Then click File>Save As (Don't click "Save" because it will overwrite the one your editing) and put it the new one in your custom story folder. Then in the editor just go find it and bada bing.

Save it as a .dds instead. The Material Editor only recognizes .dds files.

It recognizes PNG files for me. I've used them and tested my custom billboards in-game and they work.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2013, 11:02 AM by DeAngelo.)
05-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay thanks guys, we will try that. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Find