Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are Maya tutorials by Crisosphinx?
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
Where are Maya tutorials by Crisosphinx?

Sorry if the question has been asked before, but could someone tell me what happened to these threads:

2011 tutorial by Crisosphinx - http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18352.html
2008 tutorial by Crisosphinx - http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18392.html

Are the tutorials still available at a different location?
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Where are Maya tutorials by Crisosphinx?

There are a lot of other tutorials on youtube, just look it up!
06-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Oh god why its the end of the world.
06-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

No, I've been using Maya before, I don't need tutorials about Maya modeling/rigging/animation specifically. These articles the result of a great effort made by crisosphinx to figure out exactly what needs to be done so that, among other things, skinned models with bone-based animation can be properly exported.
Those tutorials are the ones that enabled people to create new monsters for mods, etc.

That was absolutely essential information, so I can't believe it's gone, or that no one bothered to put it on the wiki!

This is why I'm asking specifically for those.
06-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Well, your better off asking from the Horse's mouth (a.k.a > Crisosphinx)
06-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Thanks for the idea but I ninja'd you on that one - sent him a PM yesterday; might be a while before he sees it though, as he's been inactive lately, but I'm in no hurry. I was hoping someone else here on the forums knows if there's another copy or another article with equivalent info.
I'd hate to see all that information gone.
06-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

He personally requested me to remove them at his will (I think he only wanted 1 or 2 of his created threads not removed. So it wasn't only these two threads). Sorry guys. Hopefully he can get back to you with the PM, but I don't think he comes on here often anymore.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM by Statyk.)
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

if he does not want people to find out that he made it we could just have someone else repost it and edit/censor it so you cant see that it was him who wrote it.
06-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

I asked to have them removed because I felt removed from the forums on numerous occassions. Not to mention people were stealing my models and information as well as disrespecting me.

Sorry to have just removed them, but no one was using them anyways. If someone absolutely needs my help, I will either just do it for them or provide little tips along the way.

Thank you for your concern and I'm sorry to have taken them down and for furthering my removeable of self from the forum.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Reposting the articles without any mention to chrisosphinx is definitely not the best course of action. He doesn't want them reposted at this time, and we should respect that!

However, he did say in his response to my PM that if they are to become a part of the wiki, he would like to be the one to post them.
I encouraged him to do so, so we'll just have to wait and see.
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Find