Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

very unstable game
Trydi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago very unstable game

Hi. I have problem with Penumbra : Black Plague. I have ATI Xpress1250, and when i play, i have some problems. First - many times, i don't see some textures, or see strange textures (sometmes not normal, but black). Many times, when i turn on flashlight, i don't see their light. Games many times crash (or freeze), and back to Gnome, when level's are loading. I feel, like im playing in some Beta versions - not normal version. Is there maybe some patch, or upgrade for linux version of Black Plague? Im using Ubuntu 8.04, and i have graphic driver from system repository.

P.s: sorry for my bad english, because im from poland.
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Find
cloud Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: very unstable game

HI.
I found that Ati in Linux is not so stable & it might be due to drivers and your OS setup rather than the game.

I know that hasn't helped Sad but try using an nvidia card.

Also remember default linux distros are more geared up to server settings (much like windows 2000 was). If you can learn more about linux & recomplie your kernal to take advantage of your specific CPU.

Good luck Big Grin.
07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Find
ced117 Offline

So, your using the open source driver ?
07-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Website Find
Trydi Offline

I'm using ATI driver (fglrx). At this moment, i end this game, but problem with textures and flashlight ruin little bit climate of this game, and im angry, when game back to Gnome of freeze (but game is fantastic - Silent Hill 1 and 2, and Penumbra:BP - my fovourite survival-horror games Smile ).
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Find
sybesis Offline

Threads: 5

cloud Wrote:recomplie your kernal to take advantage of your specific CPU.

wtf...I doubt it would make his computer much faster. Remember that same if the kernel is compiled for his cpu, Other apps aren't. Better run gentoo if you are a speed maniac.

On the other hand, switching to nvidia isn't a solution. It's supposed to work. Hopefully, there is a work around or config that need to be done. But if the game crash while loading a map. I doubt it's a problem with the 3d card.

Can you run the game from withing a console then copy past the messages?
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Find
ced117 Offline

Trydi Wrote:I'm using ATI driver (fglrx). At this moment, i end this game, but problem with textures and flashlight ruin little bit climate of this game, and im angry, when game back to Gnome of freeze (but game is fantastic - Silent Hill 1 and 2, and Penumbra:BP - my fovourite survival-horror games Smile ).
Do you have the last ati driver ? Check with the official ati website
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Website Find