Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Could "Call of Duty" be good?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Could "Call of Duty" be good?

Am I begin to become a casual gamer or will the next Call of Duty really be good? I have to say I generally hate ego-shooters because they are boring, but as I watched the new upcoming CoD game, I get surprised very well. This probably could be my first shooter. Lol, I never thought that, but it looks awesome.

06-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Could "Call of Duty" be good?

You mean to tell me you've never actually played a FPS game before (and by play I mean spend a reasonable amount of time on it and form an intelligent opinion on your own)? That would certainly explain (and completely negate) your hopelessly extremist views on the medium.
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(06-11-2013, 05:29 PM)Bridge Wrote: You mean to tell me you've never actually played a FPS game before (and by play I mean spend a reasonable amount of time on it and form an intelligent opinion on your own)? That would certainly explain (and completely negate) your hopelessly extremist views on the medium.

I never played a shooter before (except Portal).
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM by Googolplex.)
06-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Googol you should try S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl, I'm sure you'd like it. One of the most atmospheric games in my opinion
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

There are literally tons of good FPS games. Half-Life 2 is good, the Rainbow Six series is generally good (takes quite a lot of tactical understanding and planning to get through missions successfully in the early games), I liked the Chronicles of Riddick games a lot. Hell, I even think Far Cry 2 is mindblowing as an FPS (even though almost everything else is utter garbage). If you like multiplayer games at all there are a ton of fantastic games like Counter-Strike (I prefer Source, as sacrilegious as that is), Unreal Tournament (2004), Battlefield series (can't tell you how much fun I've had playing Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 at LANs), even the early Call of Duty games are classics of the genre. You just have to look past the slew of low-quality shooters that are getting released and play the games that were remembered.
06-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Call of duty isn't bad in my opinion. It's just FPS. Some games have better graphics, but it isn't bad.

Trying is the first step to success.
06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

I watched all these games and I dislike them all.
What I want is not a pure shooter, where you walk around and shoot. I also don't want to have such monsters in the game. Looks like a typical fun-game when shooting monsters down etc.

What I want are immersing environments like the underwater part in CoD Ghosts, and parts where you have to stealth. I think the new Tomb Raider was a good game, because it was a shooter with adventure elements, or rahter I must say an adventure with shooter elements.
I want that the game feels earnestly and real. Not like it's just a game.
06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I think the game is... Decent. The community makes it horrible
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Call of Duty isn't "bad". It is just over hyped.

06-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(06-11-2013, 05:56 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I watched all these games and I dislike them all.
What I want is not a pure shooter, where you walk around and shoot. I also don't want to have such monsters in the game. Looks like a typical fun-game when shooting monsters down etc.

What I want are immersing environments like the underwater part in CoD Ghosts, and parts where you have to stealth. I think the new Tomb Raider was a good game, because it was a shooter with adventure elements, or rahter I must say an adventure with shooter elements.
I want that the game feels earnestly and real. Not like it's just a game.

And here is the problem with almost every post you've ever made. You have absolutely no ground to stand on here. If you are not interested in playing these games fine, but don't make sweeping statements about them and pretend you have even the slightest idea what you are talking about. Half-Life 2 has immersing environments and it feels earnestly and real. So does STALKER, arguably more so. So does almost every game I mentioned. Instead of deciding you are not and never will be able to appreciate these games because they're "fun games", try playing at least ONE of them. Is ~8 hours of your life so much to ask?

Also, what exactly do you have against games that are fun? I could name dozens of games that have pleasant gameplay, with little or no resemblance to real life at all and still have utterly amazing storytelling and are extremely immersive.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 06:07 PM by Bridge.)
06-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Find