Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Kraven Manor
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
Kraven Manor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK-QAcnOr...r_embedded

Anybody played this game yet? Seems very amnesia-esque, found about it from a rockpapershotgun article (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/...aven-manor) in which the author directly referenced amnesia in his review. Downloading it now, as it's a free game.

Thought all you fellow horror game fans might know something/have something to say about it.
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Kraven Manor

Spoiler below!
Weeping angels...

Whyyyy. ;-;

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
06-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Haha! It's even got the green sofas and all. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Walking around finding pieces for a map through a big house, with different scare-events happening at each puzzle. It's pretty basic. No story. No special concept. Just "Find all the pieces, get scared at every event".

This is roughly what I saw, and I'm not negative about the game, in my opinion it's just not on Amnesia's level Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(06-12-2013, 11:30 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Walking around finding pieces for a map through a big house, with different scare-events happening at each puzzle. It's pretty basic. No story. No special concept. Just "Find all the pieces, get scared at every event".

This is roughly what I saw, and I'm not negative about the game, in my opinion it's just not on Amnesia's level Smile
Just finished the game, there's definitely a real story here if you read all the notes etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game, seemed very amnesia-ish to me, obviously inspired by the game. Enemies reminded me of something out of silent hill, and the puzzles were sufficient. It's a completely free game made by a couple college students, so can't really complain about quality. But that being said, this game's quality imho was pretty damn high.
06-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(06-12-2013, 11:35 PM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:30 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Just finished the game, there's definitely a real story here if you read all the notes etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game, seemed very amnesia-ish to me, obviously inspired by the game. Enemies reminded me of something out of silent hill, and the puzzles were sufficient. It's a completely free game made by a couple college students, so can't really complain about quality. But that being said, this game's quality imho was pretty damn high.

Yea, I should probably play it to really understand and feel it... I'm judging the book by it's cover... sorry. When my new pc has been assembled, I shall play it, ON HIGHEST GRAPHICS... Sorry...

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013, 11:59 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(06-12-2013, 11:59 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Yea, I should probably play it to really understand and feel it... I'm judging the book by it's cover... sorry. When my new pc has been assembled, I shall play it, ON HIGHEST GRAPHICS... Sorry...

Probably can't get the best feel for a game by watching PDP playing it :p
06-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

It was really nice. Actually kinda got the Amnesia feeling through out the game.

Spoiler below!

Throughout the game, a statue was chasing you right? Well, when he grabs me, I was like "Please don't molest me."

Also, you can move the rooms!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(06-13-2013, 01:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: It was really nice. Actually kinda got the Amnesia feeling through out the game.

Spoiler below!

Throughout the game, a statue was chasing you right? Well, when he grabs me, I was like "Please don't molest me."

Also, you can move the rooms!

One of the notes in the game talks about a person getting dipped in molten bronze to essentially make a living statue. There were other notes that talked about how to trap peoples' souls within these statues.
06-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Find