Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
oipoistar Offline

Threads: 1
MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

Everything compiles fine but when linking i get the following error message:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"cOAL_CustomStream::cOAL_CustomStream(tStreamCallbacks const&, tStreamInfo const&, void*)", referenced from:
cOAL_Device::LoadCustomStream(tStreamCallbacks const&, tStreamInfo const&, void*)in libOALWrapper.a(OAL_Device.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I made sure that each project and product has i386 set. The compiler used is GCC. I am building in Xcode 4.6.2.

I also check the build .a files, unachieved them and used the file command to check if they are i386 or x86_64 and they all are i386. Also the source file which contains the above missing class/method is included in the build sources list.

Well, after wasting hours to fix this and giving up and asking for help it took a few minutes to figure it out. For some reason OAL_CustomStreams.cpp was not included in the project but was present on the drive. I just added it and it now compiles and links just fine.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM by oipoistar.)
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
RE: MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

yeah.. that is because I've been moving everything to using the CMake for OSX and Linux. Sorry about that.

the CustomStream was used in awesomenauts for streaming the theora intro video audio out.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Website Find
oipoistar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

(06-18-2013, 01:26 PM)Urkle Wrote: yeah.. that is because I've been moving everything to using the CMake for OSX and Linux. Sorry about that.

the CustomStream was used in awesomenauts for streaming the theora intro video audio out.

No problem Smile Should have noticed it earlier.

One more question, the game now runs more or less fine. The issues noticed are the choppy sounds for which i found the solutions for in the other thread and some textures/icons are not transparent. For example the hand when hovering over objects has black borders instead of being transparent.

I copied the assets from my windows installation. Not sure if that could cause the issues but i somehow doubt it. Any clues?
06-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Find