Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

File Sharing Site?
gruzz Offline

Threads: 24
File Sharing Site?

Hello.

I've seen that people share files with some different websites, and with some of them you need to be registered, some you even need to register AND wait for like 20 sec BEFORE you can download (ofc not after Tongue)

I was thinking of building a small site just for people on this forum to share their Custom Story files, or any other file that they want! The site will ONLY be available for people on THIS forum, and TOTALLY FREE to use, without any wait-time before download stuff.

My question is, do you, on this forum, think it's nessassary to create a website like this? (i mostly do it for fun anyway) I think some of the members will use it at least, but i can be wrong ..

I don't know.. but it would be a fun project to work on, and it feels like it really can help? Smile

/ Daniel
07-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: File Sharing Site?

well it would require to be stickied or otherwise it would not be worth it...
07-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(07-03-2013, 11:29 AM)gruzzniotre Wrote: Hello.

I've seen that people share files with some different websites, and with some of them you need to be registered, some you even need to register AND wait for like 20 sec BEFORE you can download (ofc not after Tongue)

I was thinking of building a small site just for people on this forum to share their Custom Story files, or any other file that they want! The site will ONLY be available for people on THIS forum, and TOTALLY FREE to use, without any wait-time before download stuff.

My question is, do you, on this forum, think it's nessassary to create a website like this? (i mostly do it for fun anyway) I think some of the members will use it at least, but i can be wrong ..

I don't know.. but it would be a fun project to work on, and it feels like it really can help? Smile

/ Daniel

Well, if it put's you out of your way i dont see why to at all. Plus the forum's have their own file sharing (upload a file to this post for example) you may not be able to to huge files but you could actually fit a small CS into it if doubly zipped.

I dont see why not of course for big files, but at the same time im not sure it would be widely used. As dropbox is almost exaclty the same as what you are talking about (with limited storage of around 2 GB)

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM by 7heDubz.)
07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Mediafire is pretty cool, too. No waiting and stuff...
07-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(07-03-2013, 12:55 PM)lazz3r Wrote: Mediafire is pretty cool, too. No waiting and stuff...

And 50 free GB.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Dropbox is good :]

You drop files in a folder on your computer and they synchronize to a website. Once uploaded you can copy and paste the download link.

It's also possible to "share folders" with a group of other people, in case you are doing a project together and need a quick way to share and edit files.

Link:
http://db.tt/tmOD0gU5

Above link goes through "a referral system" on my account.

Cheers! :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM by Acies.)
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

It would be cool, but I don't think it's necessary. Mediafire and dropbox usually do the trick (for me)
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

there is also moddb which an entire site for these stuff
07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Find