Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer, want to mod game
Coal48 Offline

Threads: 1
Newcomer, want to mod game

Hi Amnesia forums, this is my first post ever here

I tried the demo of this game awhile ago and did not really like it all that much but I want to give the game a shot again with cheats.

I can't find any trainers to work with the game so I thought to mod the game for the same result.

I know to mod amnesia you need to edit the 'game.cfg' file in notepad but there I don't know what to do.

Can you guys please tell me how to:

-have max sanity at all times
-have unlimited oil
-have unlimited tinderboxes
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 10:05 PM by Coal48.)
07-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Find
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Newcomer, want to mod game

Wouldn't that defeat the Amnesia experience?

Eh. Anyways, I'm not sure there's a way to do what you're asking in a global manner. You may be able to edit the level script files with some custom code, though.

Here's the wiki, it has tutorials on modding/scripting and documentation for the engine's functions.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 07:37 PM by Tomato Cat.)
07-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Find
Coal48 Offline

(07-06-2013, 07:32 PM)Tomato Cat Wrote: Wouldn't that defeat the Amnesia experience?

Eh. Anyways, I'm not sure there's a way to do what you're asking in a global manner. You may be able to edit the level script files with some custom code, though.

Here's the wiki, it has tutorials on modding/scripting and documentation for the engine's functions.

I managed to find a way to get unlimited sanity and tinker boxes by editing my saves

Thanks for the link, anyway
07-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

Really... Cheats in amnesia...

- Inactive account -
07-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Find
Fatalist Offline

Threads: 8

unlimited oil:
in game.cfg find and change this string
<Player_Lantern

LowerOilSpeed = "0"

07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Find
Coal48 Offline

(07-07-2013, 11:44 AM)Fatalist Wrote: unlimited oil:
in game.cfg find and change this string
<Player_Lantern

LowerOilSpeed = "0"

Thanks man!
07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23

Coward
07-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Why use cheats? That'll ruin the experience you know. If you complained the game is not good enough, I would link you this thread.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Find
Coal48 Offline

(07-07-2013, 02:33 PM)Kullin Wrote: Coward

Huh

I know cheating in games is not a popular thing, I personally love it and will mod the gameplay of all games I play if I can.

I don't like using the word 'cheat' too much, I'm not screwing anyone up, I just like the 'break games' and in this particular case, if there are gameplay elements I dislike, I will try and change them.

I have reached the cistern entrance here is my opinion of the game so far, if any of you care...

negative:

-the camera moving at all times gave me motion sickness, so I modded the game to remove that and in the options all the post effects

-my computer was made for gaming, it's quite powerful, yet the game plays at a crappy framerate regardless of graphics

-I thought movement was too painfully slow, so I increased it a bit

-Any monster encounter is pretty annoying, you either go hide in a dark corner and have to wait until they disappear or let them kill you, you reappear close by with your progress saved and the enemy would be gone. I would have enjoyed the game far more if I could kill them. Peoples reaction videos on youtube seem greatly exaggerated and are probably just for comedy, the water monster early was quite frustrating but not scary at all.

-having to move the mouse to interact with things, like pull backwards to open a door, is a bit tedious, I would have prefered if it was standard, one click, door opens, thats it

-the mechanic of sanity, having limited matches and oil is just plain not fun to me, I'm not saying it's bad, obviously you guys like it but I personally hate it, can't look at monsters, can't explore freely or will run out of oil, need to be careful what torches to light to not run out of tinker boxes...

positive:

-the castle is awesome

-the puzzles are pretty cool

-the story is quite interesting
07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Dude it's to simulate real life. If you open a door does it open fully in one thud or do you have to push/pull the door amirite?

I'm just stating a fact her but it's your choice.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Find