Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Many Hands - A Community Mapping Project
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Many Hands - A Community Mapping Project

Yoink! Got your map :p

I have until 2:15am my time :D

Edit: Holy bajeezus, my computer already hates the map. This might be my only contribution - sorry! Also, my eyes, Khrypa, my eyes are bleeding from all the neon pink! :P

Edit again - disabled smileys. I don't like the smileys D:

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 03:30 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(07-10-2013, 02:16 AM)Kiandra Wrote: Yoink! Got your map :p

I have until 1:15am my time Big Grin

Edit: Holy bajeezus, my computer already hates the map. This might be my only contribution - sorry! Also, my eyes, Khrypa, my eyes are bleeding from all the neon pink! Tongue

Haha

What do you mean by your computer hating the map? Performance issues? I tried to keep my part optimized. It's still damn full of stuff though so it does slow all loading times down.

I have quite the beasty computer so I have never used it, but for the Level Editor maybe using the Clip Planes thing to cut off parts of the map might boost your editing performance.

07-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

damn would take it but my mom is about to take the comp for four hours.. i want all my 8 so ill wait

07-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

I completely forgot about clip planes D: That's a brilliant idea! And WIWWM, I'll be done in...5.5 hours c:

07-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Bump! I'm done c:

I kind-of ran out of time. There was going to be more stuff under the hatch, but I wasn't satisfied with the room until about 10 minutes ago so there wasn't enough time to do the part I really wanted to. The map was 1000kB (1MB) when I finished and around... 870kB-ish? when I started.
Anyways, not important. If you want to add to where the hatch is, go for it :p Either that or I'm stealing it again later!

OH! I forgot to mention earlier: If you want to build up from my room for some strange reason, just throw in more rocks and a couple of beams in that hole I guess. Not sure how you would deal with the bright fog, but feel free to try (the alpha on the fog is 2, by the way).

Also, JAP, your area doesn't have a ceiling. Just thought I would remind you c:

Screenshot time:
Spoiler below!

[Image: manyhands_4_by_rueppells_fox-d6csyxk.png]
I just realized how ridiculous it is that I'm so stressed about the hatch, but it's not even visible in the final screenshot :p

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

The ambience in that sewer area and the jumping puzzle to get down there was actually cool as shit- I was not expecting so much tension from one room. I am definitely in on this- not now, since I actually work between 6 and 10 hours every day, effectively not allowing me to make full use of the 8 hours, but when I find the time, I'll certainly try to make something snazzy. I like where this is going- no sense of cohesion quite yet, but there are some areas that allow for seriously promising connections. For example, the locked gate above the pink magic and hole in the ceiling kiandra made above the sewer hints at a salvation up above, while the pink swirling particles tell me that the further down you go, the more wiggidy wack things become, which is something I want to explore. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21

Oh my god, its starting to look amazing! This is so Exciting Haha!!
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

....Why am I feeling like I'm the most non-experienced mapper here? I mean look at the other areas. They look awesome and all and mine is like "Not bad".

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(07-10-2013, 09:55 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: ....Why am I feeling like I'm the most non-experienced mapper here? I mean look at the other areas. They look awesome and all and mine is like "Not bad".

The more you work, the better you get.

I see you really love those light dusts Kiandra Tongue Very nice.

Also I'm quite amazed by the jumping puzzle too. So much gameplay! I've never considered that. I'm doing it now. (Not the map. I'm considering the jumping puzzle)

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

I was ninja'd by BeeKayK (thanks, by the way; your room was pretty neat too! I liked the door and all the writing on the walls. I never thought of using decals like that) :p
Quote:....Why am I feeling like I'm the most non-experienced mapper here? I mean look at the other areas. They look awesome and all and mine is like "Not bad".
Because your room is missing a ceiling? I'm kidding; you're fine c: Well, you are missing a ceiling, but that's not the point D:

And it's probably because Khrypa just handed all of us the most amazing thing ever made in 8 hours.

Edit: well, apparently I lose my brain filter when I'm tired. Bed time for me it is. G'night guys.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 10:37 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Find