Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various problems when trying to start the game
wasabid Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Various problems when trying to start the game

Saw the game on sale on Amazon, had to buy it. Running into a few problems.

1.) When I run the game in full screen mode, it runs alright....until I move my mouse, and then the screen freezes and I have to exit out. I already did the SDL.dll swap because I was having that problem too and that's fixed, but haven't been able to fix the freeze problem. Experimented with VSync and various graphics settings with no luck.

2.) The game gets a little further when I run it in windowed mode. I get to the menu screen, create a character, start a new game, and...nothing happens. It freezes on the load screen.

I've changed permissions to read/write and am running in admin mode as was detailed in the FAQ. I also reinstalled my video drivers and AMD catalyst. Not really sure where else to go from here. I'm running an ATI Radeon 7850, so it should have enough juice to get the job done. Been trying to fix it off and on for a week now but no luck. Logs don't seem to spit out any errors, so I have nothing to go off of. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Various problems when trying to start the game

What if you use the original SDL.dll, do you get freezes then?
07-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Various problems when trying to start the game

Is the DPI scale of your screen set to more than 100%? If that's the case, try lowering it to 100%, it could be the cause of the problem.

Did you install the latest stable version of the ATI drivers, or the recent beta version?

07-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Find