Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: The Dark Decent Custom Story HELP!
b311a Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Amnesia: The Dark Decent Custom Story HELP!

I know that a lot of people ask this question, so I'm sorry for asking it again.

I have finished the game.. I think. I thought that when you finished the game, that one of the monsters in the game showed up on the home screen every time you enter.. but maybe not. I don't know.

My main question is, how do you download and put custom stories into the game? I bought the game from E-bay and not off of steam. Does that have anything to do with why I can't play them? I've been on YouTube a few times to see how other people have done it and I have followed every step exactly as they have shown, and it wont work..
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2013, 12:49 AM by b311a.)
07-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Decent Custom Story HELP!

No, the main menu doesn't change after beating the game. Those menus you see are custom made and can be downloaded from a number of file hosting sites. Give it a google search.
07-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The only difference between steam and retail is as far as I know that instead of having a "amnesia the dark decent folder" its called the "redist" folder, but otherwise contents and everything are exacly the same. so yeah you should be able to install custom stories just fine
07-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Find
b311a Offline

Threads: 1

I must be doing something wrong then because I have downloaded a custom story, put it in the folder and when I run the game, I don't have any games in "Custom Stories".
07-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Not all custom stories go into the custom_stories folder. Also, the Windows operating system my be preventing you from properly installing custom stories (assuming you run Windows Vista or higher).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Website Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Dumb question but, did you unzip the file?

07-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Find