Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help with loading custom files into level editor.
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
I need help with loading custom files into level editor.

I have this problem where I can't get the level editor to save the files I have placed into my map. When I place an entity for example, I change the object to the desired object in my custom entities folder for my conversion and it loads properly but when I close the editor and re-open it the object is gone and I get an error.

How do I keep custom objects in my level editor for my maps without them vanishing?

I may not be clear enough above so I'll explain a little better. In my conversion folder I have an entities folder with entities I'd like to use for my conversion. When I open the editor and look for the entities they cannot be found and the only way I can use them is to change the entity file at the bottom of the general tab of the object. After selecting the desired entity I want to be used in my conversion from my entities folder from my conversion, I can save it and load the map and it works but as soon as I reload the editor the item cannot be found.

So how do I make the editor keep the entity or even better, how do I make the editor look for the files in my conversion folder instead of the original redist folder?

I'm mostly wanting to do this so I can use the flashlight and batteries for my light sources and change the torches/candles to lamps and other light fixtures and make the tinderboxes lightbulbs.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 11:35 PM by GoreGrinder99.)
07-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
RE: I need help with loading custom files into level editor.

Well you can always place the custom models in the entities/static_entities and make some sort of list or something so you remember which ones to be moved later on. This is only a temporary solution to let you continue mapping.

- Inactive account -
07-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Understand step 8: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Website Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47

(07-28-2013, 07:34 PM)Zandrojakov Wrote: Well you can always place the custom models in the entities/static_entities and make some sort of list or something so you remember which ones to be moved later on. This is only a temporary solution to let you continue mapping.

Even then the items still wont be loaded after restarting the editor. How do all the other full conversions do it? I have looked at their resources and folders and other files but are the same as the ones I have as far as I can tell. How do they load their entities and other files but I cannot without them being removed after restarting the editor?

(07-28-2013, 07:58 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Understand step 8: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide

Still, index out of bounds error. I even did the same in my conversion folders resources.

*FIXED*

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 09:11 PM by GoreGrinder99.)
07-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Find