Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE]
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE]

The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story

ModDB Page:

[Image: 19267.png]

Trailer:
Moddb.

Release Date:
Released 10th of Aug 2013.

Prologue:
Baron Raymond Renald was a man of power and was greatly admired by his folks. He was considered one of the mightiest barons of all time which had caused inhabitants from several nearby villages to migrate within his field of power. A few weeks ago, Raymond suddenly vanished without a trace.

Rumors got passed around, even horror stories. Some people claim he was murdered by evil monsters, but that is just plain nonsense to scare children, right? Others claimed he developed a severe depression after his mother's passing during the plague, and chose to take his own life. If that was the case, the servants of the castle would had already found him and reported it to the governor. Seeing that nobody has seen or heard anything of the servants though is awfully odd.

What has actually happened to the Baron?

General Info:
I have been working on this mod since the start of 2011, though I have had almost over a year break and finally gathered my energy to finish this.

Go to ModDB page!

Tutorials / Puzzle Solutions [Full Version]
Spoiler below!
Cabin Puzzle:
Throw the stone next to the signs on the pipe hanging on the wall and a key will fall out.

Village Puzzle:
Pull down each shovel in front of the three accessible houses to unlock the barn.

Portal Room Puzzle:
(Facing the pedistal in the middle) Pull the levels accordingly:
Up Down
Down Up

Spider Puzzle:
Throw the knife found in the previous room at the spidernet.
If you would lose track of the knife, kill yourself on the spidernet to reset it.

Library Puzzle:
Follow this schematic:
[Image: 7a2mOCJ.jpg]

Riddle Puzzle:
The key is hidden behind the clock on top of the fireplace in the more fancy-looking room. (The left room if you have just entered the door.)

Underground Tunnels Lever Puzzle:
Move the levers accordingly:
I - Down
II - Up
III - Up
IV - UP
V - Down
VI - Down

Underground Tunnels Machine Wheels Puzzle:
Spin the wheels according to this schematic:
http://i.imgur.com/QtQtQVN.jpg

Tutorials / Puzzle Solutions [Demo]
Spoiler below!
Cabin Puzzle:
Throw the stone next to the signs on the pipe hanging on the wall and a key will fall out.

Village Puzzle:
Pull down each shovel in front of the three accessible houses to start the portal.

Portal Room Puzzle:
(Facing the pedistal in the middle) Pull the levels accordingly:
Up Down
Down Up

Spider Puzzle:
Throw the knife found in the previous room at the spidernet.

Library Puzzle:
Follow this schematic:
[Image: 7a2mOCJ.jpg]

Riddle Puzzle:
The key is hidden behind the clock on top of the fireplace in the more fancy-looking room. (The left room if you have just entered the door.)

Storage Key:
Go back to Castle Halls all the way back to the broken statue outside the machineroom. At the three-door cross, use the key on the door in the middle.

Machine Puzzle:
Use the cogwheel in the machineroom and simply lift it close to the gear. The cogwheel will automatically be put in place.
Next, start the machine by pulling the lever to the very left of the machine (Facing the "bridge raising lever").
Last, pull the bridge lever.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM by Linus Ågren.)
08-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE]

Yes!!! YES!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Looks really great! I'll probably give this mod a shot Smile

I watched your trailer on ModDB, and I do have a bit of criticism directed at it though in terms of being a trailer:

First off learn to use fixed camera angles from the engine itself to be your "camera" instead of having the player walk about. This can make sweeping shots look all the better with being bumpy from the character's head bobs, un-precise camera movements, and terrain interactions. The exception being off course if you're actively filming the from the character's point of view.

Next one can be a bit trickier to get a hang of, but you should improve how you use text inside a trailer. There are many variables to how it can look good, and I can't really give you any definite advice on how to fix it, but I didn't really like just plopping white text in the very middle of the screen, namely the "features" part of it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(08-10-2013, 11:09 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Looks really great! I'll probably give this mod a shot Smile

I watched your trailer on ModDB, and I do have a bit of criticism directed at it though in terms of being a trailer:

First off learn to use fixed camera angles from the engine itself to be your "camera" instead of having the player walk about. This can make sweeping shots look all the better with being bumpy from the character's head bobs, un-precise camera movements, and terrain interactions. The exception being off course if you're actively filming the from the character's point of view.

Next one can be a bit trickier to get a hang of, but you should improve how you use text inside a trailer. There are many variables to how it can look good, and I can't really give you any definite advice on how to fix it, but I didn't really like just plopping white text in the very middle of the screen, namely the "features" part of it.
of course he could also use the map viewer, if he has the expertice to crop out that debugging text at the very top.
08-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Find
nzim Offline

Threads: 0

I just finished playing the CS. I must say it was really enjoyable. The puzzles were amusing and hard yet possible to solve. I only had to look up for the answer to the last puzzle because I gave up on trying on it. The amount of oil and tinderboxes was quite adequate at least for me. Good job Smile
08-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I'm currently playing through this, and stuck on something.

When you are in the "Cellar Storage"...I think(?), there are a bunch of levers which are stuck but apparently can be "bashed", as well as some planks at the end which seem to be able to be "broken". How do I get past this part, or break them so to say?

Image by BandyGrass
08-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

I'll release the review at some point, but if you want a quick summery of my thoughts, use this quote.

HOLY SH*T!

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

Finished it. Excellent level design in the layout and placement of objects, as well as the lighting. It was shorter than I like, but given the amount of scares perhaps it was long enough. Although, I can't help feeling I may have missed some things (didn't see everything there was to see in this CS)... Either that or it left me with a sense of wanting more (if I did in-fact see all there was).

Spoiler below!
The ending made me think it was a 'Bad Ending'....? Huh
08-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58

(08-21-2013, 03:02 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I'm currently playing through this, and stuck on something.

When you are in the "Cellar Storage"...I think(?), there are a bunch of levers which are stuck but apparently can be "bashed", as well as some planks at the end which seem to be able to be "broken". How do I get past this part, or break them so to say?

There is a hammer in a chest in the room with the staircase. The chest is located next to the fence in the right corner.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
08-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I think I'm almost done with the story, and I have to say it's really great so far! if anyone hasn't played this story yet, you should definitely at least try to give it a go.

Full review will come as soon as I'm finished. Taking a break right now since your story is kind of stressing me out (Borderline fear-quitting) Smile

EDIT: By this point regardless of how the story goes (Unless you jump the shark something massive), this story is bound to score at very least an 8/10 from me. Yes that's a compliment Smile

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Find