Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to play my first CS
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
Want to play my first CS

Hi my friends,
now the time has come, that I want to play one of the hunderts available custom stories. This will be my first playthorugh of a CS. At the moment I have a sceptical view about custom stories. That results thereof, that by now I only saw a few stories played by diffrent let's players, and what I saw wasn't that great... Abruptly appearing naked guys, or heads in front of the player. Stupid stories. New ugly monster models etc..

I want to convince myself of the contrary, and therefor I need a few names of the best custom stories. Preferably I want to play a CS with as few as possbile jumpscares, and a interesting, intense, dark story.

I heard a lot positive thing about "Amnesia The Great Work" and "Rain". Are these good CSs to begin?

Additional question:
What is a TC?

Sorry for the bad english. Rolleyes
08-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Want to play my first CS

These are good ones, yes. I've played them both. The Great Work got really good music and good custom things, for example some real looking trees. And some good jumpscares. Amnesia Rain is the same except from the music.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 12:21 PM by Neelke.)
08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I would start with ones such as those yes, La Caza was spoken highly of but i thought it was pretty average.

White Night was a great mod however i felt the ending lacked.. a certain.. shine? anyway i would start with The Great Work, it was fun for me although i havent gotten around to finishing it.

I dont know what you mean by TC you mean FC?
Oh! My Love was a FANTASTIC mod. My favortie by far.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 12:39 PM by 7heDubz.)
08-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I can recommend mine, DownTheRabbit, it has great voice acting by Chris Marcellus.
Or Mental Memorial, i think it's the best out there, for me.

Yep, probably by TC they meant total conversion.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 12:37 PM by Daemian.)
08-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(08-12-2013, 12:34 PM)Amn Wrote: I can recommend mine, DownTheRabbit, it has great voice acting by Chris Marcellus.

In that case! It means that some of the games config file were changed for the CS to work how the creator wanted it to run. So, the installation was changed a bit in order to allow these changes to be used in the CS without changing any of the original files on your computer.

08-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Bitterwood Peak, Rain, The Great Work, Disgressiophobia, and a lot more! Just search stories rated 4 stars or 5 in the Showcase forum and you'll find plenty of good ones Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-12-2013, 12:41 PM)WIWWM Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 12:34 PM)Amn Wrote: I can recommend mine, DownTheRabbit, it has great voice acting by Chris Marcellus.

In that case! It means that some of the games config file were changed for the CS to work how the creator wanted it to run. So, the installation was changed a bit in order to allow these changes to be used in the CS without changing any of the original files on your computer.

Thank you both. Since everybody here says "The Great Work" is worth playing, I will start with this CS on the next weekend followed by a few 5-star stories I found in the forum. Just discovered the "Amnesia White Night"-mod. This looks like somebody put a lot of effort in this, but.. does it still feels like playing Amnesia?
(08-12-2013, 02:10 PM)The chaser Wrote: Bitterwood Peak, Rain, The Great Work, Disgressiophobia, and a lot more! Just search stories rated 4 stars or 5 in the Showcase forum and you'll find plenty of good ones Wink

Thank you, too! Will check them out, and search for an attractive story. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 02:32 PM by Draug.)
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Find