Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
No safe place at all?
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: No safe place at all?

(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)BossPiggy Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 10:06 AM)Deep One Wrote: According to Dan Pinchbeck, there won't be safe zones.

Well in the trailer, we saw one i think. Anyone remembers the cage scene?And the part where the monster breaks down the door? Weren't that safe zones to hide?

I think that by "safe", people mean areas with no monsters at all. Like the back hall and the cistern entrance in ATDD, for example.

08-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(08-17-2013, 08:59 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 10:06 AM)Deep One Wrote: According to Dan Pinchbeck, there won't be safe zones.

Well in the trailer, we saw one i think. Anyone remembers the cage scene?And the part where the monster breaks down the door? Weren't that safe zones to hide?

I think that by "safe", people mean areas with no monsters at all. Like the back hall and the cistern entrance in ATDD, for example.

Yeah i think you're right...
Well i think there will be some places where we dont have to escape. But according to the interview, i think there won't be places like the cisterns... If we have to run evey time it will be a bit annoying don't ya think so too guys?

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 09:09 PM by LordOfDragons.)
08-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

If you call that "safe" than almost every place in TDD is "safe." By safe, we're talking about areas (entire levels) in the game where monsters simply don't exist, or can't reach you, like some of the "hub" levels in TDD.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 09:44 PM by bluel0bster.)
08-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Oh... Well then i think: No there wont be any safe zones if its true what is said in the interview. Man thats not cool D: Do we have to run in each level?

08-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Well in the trailer, we saw one i think. Anyone remembers the cage scene?And the part where the monster breaks down the door? Weren't that safe zones to hide?

Not bad. Depending on the size of such a creature, you might be able to hide in there even if it tracked you down. However, if this happened to me, even though I might physically be safe, my mind would definitely explode and I would never ever dare to move an inch from the corner I would be hugging!

But as was mentioned a few times, safe areas are commonly referred to as entire areas, often hub-like, where you (I like emphasising the following word) think you are safe, since even though you can find nice hiding spots when creatures are roaming, you are never truly safe, and the creature is still out looking for you nearby. ;3

*Looks down* Wait, what is this ...?

(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)BossPiggys signature Wrote: Hello. Im a cat. Basically, hug me :3

*Tight hug*~

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
08-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

(08-18-2013, 12:21 PM)Diz Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Well in the trailer, we saw one i think. Anyone remembers the cage scene?And the part where the monster breaks down the door? Weren't that safe zones to hide?

Not bad. Depending on the size of such a creature, you might be able to hide in there even if it tracked you down. However, if this happened to me, even though I might physically be safe, my mind would definitely explode and I would never ever dare to move an inch from the corner I would be hugging!

But as was mentioned a few times, safe areas are commonly referred to as entire areas, often hub-like, where you (I like emphasising the following word) think you are safe, since even though you can find nice hiding spots when creatures are roaming, you are never truly safe, and the creature is still out looking for you nearby. ;3

*Looks down* Wait, what is this ...?

(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)BossPiggys signature Wrote: Hello. Im a cat. Basically, hug me :3

*Tight hug*~

Well there should be a picture of a cat too but *Grrrr i hate myself*

Anyways, anyone knows what the little girl in the trailer says? I dont get what she means ;_;

08-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Find
Diz Offline

The girl in the start of one of the teasers? She appears to be saying a common nursery rhyme. Here is some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Little_Piggy

Why she says it, nobody knows ... It adds a lot to the creepy factor, I feel. My personal theory is that she sings it innocently while doing some possessed ritual, or something, especially since her voice becomes somewhat demonic towards the end of the speech. I am excited to find out! However, I think this belongs in the A Machine For Pigs discussion topic, since this topic is mostly about safe areas. =3

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22431.html

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
08-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

I always understand:
This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy stayed at home.
This little piggy had Ricebeef (Dafuq)
And this piggy had none.
And this piggy cried wee wee wee--- And so on...

(Well that is... Impressive Big Grin)

Edit: Sorry its roast beef xD

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM by LordOfDragons.)
08-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Now that we are on the subject of safe area.

If there is one area that could need some work, is the loading doors.

imagine if you werent actually safe, and when you went through, you could see them hammer on the door, and they could actually follow you.

But i guess its a engine limitation. because you always knew that it couldn pass the loading door. which is kinda a shame.[/align]
08-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(08-18-2013, 12:37 PM)Diz Wrote: The girl in the start of one of the teasers? She appears to be saying a common nursery rhyme. Here is some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Little_Piggy

Why she says it, nobody knows ... It adds a lot to the creepy factor, I feel. My personal theory is that she sings it innocently while doing some possessed ritual, or something, especially since her voice becomes somewhat demonic towards the end of the speech. I am excited to find out! However, I think this belongs in the A Machine For Pigs discussion topic, since this topic is mostly about safe areas. =3

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22431.html

Pretty sure that was meaningless, creepy little girls always have had a huge scare factor (check out some J-horror like the ring and ju-on / the grudge if you don't believe me). That part of the trailer was more marketing than anything. The girl was also probably Mandus' daughter, whom we have known about for some time.

I seriously doubt at any point in the game we'll actually run across a little girl in the game in the middle of a pentagram cutting her hand with a kukri while reciting, "This Little Piggy." That'd be pretty laughable.
08-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Find