Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Questions & FAQ about Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Requirements
terzi Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Questions about System/Hardware Requirements

(08-17-2013, 05:29 PM)jens Wrote: AAMFP is a lot more demanding than Amnesia. I think a thumb of rule could be something like if Amnesia works very well on High settings for you, then AAMFP will work very well on Medium settings for you and so on.

That would be great. Smile Looking forward to play and test it!
08-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

I have Intel® Pentium® CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz
4 GB ram and a 64-bit OS with a Intel integraded HD graphics.How well will it work on my laptop?

Steam ID: fancreeper
08-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(08-17-2013, 05:29 PM)jens Wrote: AAMFP is a lot more demanding than Amnesia. I think a thumb of rule could be something like if Amnesia works very well on High settings for you, then AAMFP will work very well on Medium settings for you and so on.

Jens, does AAMFP uses OpenGL 2.1 like Amnesia or did you add any more extensions meaning a higher version?

(08-17-2013, 04:52 PM)Magnum66 Wrote: I've been a bit worried too with the system requirements. Waiting so long for this game, I would be big time disappointed if I can't play it properly.

I meet pretty much all the recommended system requirements except RAM I have 2GB when it says 4GB. Minimum is 2GB but still. Also not sure how updated my graphics card is:

http://puu.sh/441m9.png

Your graphics card uses UMA RAM (system ram, not dedicated) and it is the equivalent of a 1st gen Intel HD graphics card with OpenGL 3.2 support. So, it should work at low settings.

(08-17-2013, 05:11 PM)terzi Wrote: Okay, I'm afraid about AAMFP's working on my laptop. The Dark Descent works very well, it's older game of course.

CPU: AMD A4-4355M APU (1.90 GHz Confused)
AMD Radeon HD 7400G
4GB RAM

lol I'm really dying if I can't play this game! No matter if (WHEN) I have to play with minimum / lower sets..

Your graphics card is a very low-end one. Technically it supports OpenGL 4.1 so the game should run but it will be playable only at very low settings.

(08-17-2013, 05:14 PM)Lama Wrote: Do you think radeon hd 3650 is enough? Should it work fine on lower settings?

The laptop version will probably not work. The desktop one supports OpenGL 3.3 so it should run but it will be playable only at very low settings.

(08-17-2013, 06:28 PM)envirovore Wrote: Looks like it's time to retire the GF 9800 GT for a new GPU :/

The 9800GT was a strong card back in its days. However, it supports OpenGL 2.1 so very borderline. With the latest drivers it may work but at very low settings.

(08-17-2013, 06:58 PM)Cor Angar Wrote: Hello I red the system requirements and am not sure if Amnesia a machine for pigs will run under my hardware. I have a Geforce 9600 GT graphics card and a Dual core 2,16 Ghz.

It supports OpenGL 2.1 so very borderline. With the latest drivers it may work but at very low settings without being really playable.

(08-17-2013, 10:13 PM)fancreeper Wrote: I have Intel® Pentium® CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz
4 GB ram and a 64-bit OS with a Intel integraded HD graphics.How well will it work on my laptop?

If it's 1st gen Intel HD graphics it will barely work. Amnesia required the latest Intel drivers and the settings approximately to low towards medium. I suspect very low settings for the pigs. Intel HD is mentioned at the official specs.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 12:44 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Find
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1

(08-18-2013, 12:39 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 04:52 PM)Magnum66 Wrote: I've been a bit worried too with the system requirements. Waiting so long for this game, I would be big time disappointed if I can't play it properly.

I meet pretty much all the recommended system requirements except RAM I have 2GB when it says 4GB. Minimum is 2GB but still. Also not sure how updated my graphics card is:

Your graphics card uses UMA RAM (system ram, not dedicated) and it is the equivalent of a 1st gen Intel HD graphics card with OpenGL 3.2 support. So, it should work at low settings.

Thanks a ton Pluto I TRULY appreciate the response. One last thing then, so will it still have problems on low settings, or be fine and playable you think? I'm fine on low settings as long as my game experience isn't genuinely being hindered. Long as it's not super lagging and crashing and stuff, with weird other bugs, I'm happy on low settings.

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

Guys if are unsure if you can run A machine for pigs, use this website.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Click on amnesia in the drop down list. It evaluates your computer and the requirements and tells you how well you can run it.

It works better on Chrome and you must have Java installed.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 10:12 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Find
Sakonosolo Offline

That site isn't reliable for much. When I only had my laptop to play on I used it to see if I could play Just Cause 2 and it said I meet the minimum requirements. I guess it was kind of right because the game physically ran but at 5 fps. It also reads things wrong a lot.
08-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

(08-18-2013, 01:47 AM)Magnum66 Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 12:39 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:

Thanks a ton Pluto I TRULY appreciate the response. One last thing then, so will it still have problems on low settings, or be fine and playable you think? I'm fine on low settings as long as my game experience isn't genuinely being hindered. Long as it's not super lagging and crashing and stuff, with weird other bugs, I'm happy on low settings.

You should be fine
08-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(08-18-2013, 01:47 AM)Magnum66 Wrote: Thanks a ton Pluto I TRULY appreciate the response. One last thing then, so will it still have problems on low settings, or be fine and playable you think? I'm fine on low settings as long as my game experience isn't genuinely being hindered. Long as it's not super lagging and crashing and stuff, with weird other bugs, I'm happy on low settings.

I have not tested the pigs so to be on the safe side, with the latest AMD drivers I would say that the game will be playable at the lowest settings/resolution. Without having any more game experience I cannot say anything more detailed. Don't worry.

(08-18-2013, 02:44 AM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: Guys if are unsure if you can run A machine for pigs, use this website.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

NO, never use that website. It provides an average estimation of whether your hardware can play the game. Especially when it comes to OpenGL where drivers and compatibility with older gpu's are worse, I wouldn't trust it. I've seen many users having bought the game just because this site told them they're fine only to realize afterwards that their graphics card for x or y reason cannot run the game.

Also, the pigs requirements are above what is actually needed to prevent borderline situations and thus problems. So this site cannot (again!) accurately predict whether you can run the game or not.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 03:33 PM by plutomaniac.)
08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

Just update your PCs before the 10th and you will be fine Tongue

But seriously, I wouldn't say the specs were that high for games these days. Gaming on intel integrated graphics never ends well anyway...
08-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Website Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: AAMFP Windows XP Support

It will probably work on XP ... even though XP is being dropped by Microsoft very soon.
08-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Website Find