Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Black Plague & reqiuem
skidpro Offline

Threads: 2
Penumbra Black Plague & reqiuem

[font=Times New Roman]I bought Penumbra Overture on Steam and thought I was getting Black plague and Requiem, well, I was wrong and sent an email to Frictional games as the store on website is unclear as to what I am buying. I want Black Plague and Requiem as I have Overture, and will I get steam keys? I don't need Overture again....this is what is confusing me..why or where did the last 2 games go from steam?

TIA

skidz
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Penumbra Black Plague & reqiuem

Black Plague and Requiem are not available via Steam anymore.
If you buy the Penumbra Collection from Frictional Games' own store, you will get all three games DRM free.

08-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Website Find
skidpro Offline

(08-16-2013, 08:24 PM)Scraper Wrote: Black Plague and Requiem are not available via Steam anymore.
If you buy the Penumbra Collection from Frictional Games' own store, you will get all three games DRM free.

but I don't want overture again...that ,means I am spending more money then necessary and getting a game twice.....oh why did they do this...it was stream deal...all 3 games, that is why I bought it, I was surprised to get just the 1 game,.....DRM free or not! do gog.com sell the separately?????
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013, 08:34 PM by skidpro.)
08-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

No, gog.com also just sells the collection:
http://www.gog.com/game/the_penumbra_collection

But 9,99 $ isn't that much and imo BP alone is worth the money. Also you will support great developers.
08-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Steam doesn't say it's selling the collection, only selling Overture. Why would you buy Overture and expect to get the two others? I'm confused. Where did you see the collection on Steam?
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013, 08:48 PM by Statyk.)
08-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
skidpro Offline

(08-16-2013, 08:47 PM)Statyk Wrote: Steam doesn't say it's selling the collection, only selling Overture. Why would you buy Overture and expect to get the two others? I'm confused. Where did you see the collection on Steam?

yes well, we all make mistakes eh? so I am numpty as steam used to sell the collection, that's why I thought it was the collection...my mistake, as u kindly pointed out, I am therefore an idiot.....as steam don't sell the collection as I found out...

why do they sell just that 1 game then??? cos it used to be all 3...now they do the 1, which is dumb on steam's part and Frictional for letting it happen....it means I aint buying a collection as I get a game twice, they lose...I just don't get the full game story...oh well..Frictional's loss for taking it off steam when people have bought it...
08-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Black Plague and Requiem were taken down from steam like a month ago because FG is trying to get these games back from Take Two or whoever the publisher for Penumbra games was. For some years now, there is no separate game downloads, just the collection which is very cheap nowadays. Just get all three games (yes, you will have overture twice but you should have searched steam better before purchasing).
08-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Find