Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Late Night Drink
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: A Late Night Drink

(08-23-2013, 08:53 AM)Cyphermur9t Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 08:56 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Added the cover image from my modDB page. This will be my last update here since I don't want to keep double posting to bump it.

T'was really fun! My friend and I played it and finished it over a couple days. When we first started playing, it seemed like a dull custom story, but then everything changed with the gimmicks when they were thrown left and right at us.

5 stars

Thank you very much Smile

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

When I uploaded this custom story 6 months ago, a silly little level I made in about 3 weeks, I thought that would be the end of it. I figured "OK, you had your fun and made something. Quit while you're ahead" But everyone here encouraged me to continue working to make it better. Time and time again when I hit a roadblock and came here for assistance, you all were all too eager to help me out, something that I rarely, if ever, see in online communities. Now with all the positive reviews and let's play videos, I don't know what to say. Except thank you. In my credits, I state that without the frictional games forum I would have curled up in a corner and cried every time I got a script error. That isn't far from the truth. There were times when I spent 5 hours or even a few days trying to fix something, only to timidly post here for help. Within minutes the wizards, a word I use with a high level of seriousness, in this forum would tell me what I was doing wrong and kindly point me in the right direction.

So thank you. The success of this custom story is as much yours as it is mine.

08-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

Review should be up on the 13th. It has it's strengths and weaknesses, but it's an interesting story to say the least Smile

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Find
zcmarcus Offline

Threads: 0

I really enjoyed playing this custom story. The story was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay.
09-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Thank you very much Smile

09-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
CyrustheVirus73 Offline

Threads: 0

If you're one of those people who prefer story over scares, this is the CS for you, but if you aren't too interested in stories, and you just wanna be scared shitless, I wouldn't recommend this CS. I though it was really good, and it definitely deserves the reputation it has. Good job!
09-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(09-13-2013, 11:40 PM)CyrustheVirus73 Wrote: If you're one of those people who prefer story over scares, this is the CS for you, but if you aren't too interested in stories, and you just wanna be scared shitless, I wouldn't recommend this CS. I though it was really good, and it definitely deserves the reputation it has. Good job!

I definitely had trouble finding ways to scare in this CS. The Fear section allowed me to let loose a bit, but other than that, I had trouble finding a way to fit in any sections of long chase scenes or anything. I do have some big ideas of a sequel so here's hoping I can do something awesome. This CS was from a start of knowing nothing about making Amnesia levels, so starting a custom story from the new perspective of knowing what I know now may prove useful. Anyway, thank you Smile

09-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I'm surprised this story got so few attention, it is very well made, especially on technical aspects.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Well I think it comes from how humble DeAngelo is. He did not try to sell his mod as the most awesomely scripted Amnesia mod ever (which it is, in my opinion), and the trailer he prepared was as humble as being just the credits of the game. But now his story is getting huge, because it is amazing and people start realizing it : ). "If a mod is great, people will come to it" said the HUMBLE OVERLORD, MAY HE BE LOVED FOR ETERNITY.

One more point is that mapping wasn't the strongest point of A Late Night Drink, so the modDB page couldn't be filled with very attractive mapping screenshots ^^. This might have also contributed to people not seeing the awesomeness within : p.

I was personally extremely surprised to find the best mod I've ever played with maps that showed basic mapping : 3.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 11:14 PM by daortir.)
01-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

(01-23-2014, 11:12 PM)daortir Wrote: Well I think it comes from how humble DeAngelo is. He did not try to sell his mod as the most awesomely scripted Amnesia mod ever (which it is, in my opinion), and the trailer he prepared was as humble as being just the credits of the game. But now his story is getting huge, because it is amazing and people start realizing it : ). "If a mod is great, people will come to it" said the HUMBLE OVERLORD, MAY HE BE LOVED FOR ETERNITY.

Indeed, markplier has started to play it recently and he claims it as the best CS story ever
01-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Find