Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!

Hey Humi here again with some troubling news.

Okay for starters I started making my mod "Investigator" and later I found guy who makes the scripts and we AGREED I make the maps and he's scripting stuff on maps just ONLY scripting stuff, nothing else.

Well... couple months of later he started to make custom stuff and make some other own maps aswell, using custom stuff and I wasn't sure if that's okay with me because he is working extra hours and making too much stuff. Well.. Yeah now couple of weeks he have maded so much custom stuff which I liked and all the cool entities, billboards and much more.. Now I'm getting pissed off because I just want him to script and we AGREED both to just do script and maps, but this guy wants more and nowdays he is forcing me to quit on this and we make our mod because I don't help him or participate any other things just BUG testing, maps and making a topic on moddB and adding pictures there and updated it etc.

Now my problem is what should I do with him because this is just really annoying he is breaking agreement and I can't trust him anymore he is just making too much what I didn't asked to do, but still he is making and making... then blaming me to the extra stuff work and he is tired everyday blah blah... I appreciate him doing all this tuff, but this is the problem why he's doing this.. and he knows I don't wanna script or do anything else, just mapping part.

Still he argues with me and NOW want to take control to make new topic and just take control almost everything because he deserves even more credits and this is so stupid imo because I will credit him on the end and helping me get this FC going and just grateful for all the hard work, but still it's not enough on my part, he thinks.

I want guys your opinions, what I should do now?

I don't want to quit it because if this guy leaves.. I'm on my own this mod and I will cancel it because I have to everything myself and I don't have that much time to do that or motivated to do that.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!

Ok, I think I may have a general idea of what's going on, but I'll still need a bit of extra clarification just to be sure:

What exactly does he want right now from you? Does he just think he deserves more credit on the maps? Does he want to take control of the project from you, who is currently presumably project manager? Or is it something else?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2013, 07:01 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok, I think I may have a general idea of what's going on, but I'll still need a bit of extra clarification just to be sure:

What exactly does he want right now from you? Does he just think he deserves more credit on the maps? Does he want to take control of the project from you, who is currently presumably project manager? Or is it something else?

This guy want's to just take control of everything because he is doing too much and I just those maps and yes I think he deserves more on the maps because there is her maps included aswell. This guy maded for me FC and all the menu and intro things too, I just make those maps. I think it's just unfair because we have an AGREEMENT in the beginning to command those rules and stick with it.

08-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Is it a he, or a she? You're using both he, and she in your sentences lol

Well, define what they mean by taking control. Does it mean that they now are deciding for you how to make your mod, including various aspects such as story, puzzles, mapping? Or is it just limited to what they're doing right now?

Strictly speaking if you want to get all professional about this, he/she has no right to take command from you, who is presumably the project manager right now I assume (Correct me if I'm wrong), since you both had an agreement on the work you did, and it's his/her problem that she ran ahead, and did a bunch of extra work that wasn't in his/her responsibilities. This is the most stone-cold way of working, and will probably damage relationships because you're treating your friend more like a employee than a partner/friend.

However, if you're going to be more personal, you could think about what exact control he/she wants, and how much you're able to negotiate over to him/her without loosing what you think would be your mod's vision. This would be all about negotiating to balance out both people's interests.

I'd recommend this latter method over the previous one. Although you CAN bring up points from the former method to explain why you are displeased, and that if he/she has any integrity, they should to some degree honor your agreement.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2013, 07:22 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Is it a he, or a she? You're using both he, and she in your sentences lol

Well, define what they mean by taking control. Does it mean that they now are deciding for you how to make your mod, including various aspects such as story, puzzles, mapping? Or is it just limited to what they're doing right now?

Strictly speaking if you want to get all professional about this, he/she has no right to take command from you, who is presumably the project manager right now I assume (Correct me if I'm wrong), since you both had an agreement on the work you did, and it's his/her problem that she ran ahead, and did a bunch of extra work that wasn't in his/her responsibilities. This is the most stone-cold way of working, and will probably damage relationships because you're treating your friend more like a employee than a partner/friend.

However, if you're going to be more personal, you could think about what exact control he/she wants, and how much you're able to negotiate over to him/her without loosing what you think would be your mod's vision. This would be all about negotiating to balance out both people's interests.

I'd recommend this latter method over the previous one. Although you CAN bring up points from the former method to explain why you are displeased, and that if he/she has any integrity, they should to some degree honor your agreement.

Oh sorry, about that.. I mean him! Man, guy. lol

We both decide together and suggest ideas for the puzzles, events, scares and so on.. Yeah that's what I thinked too because I'm the producer on this mod and I started first map then this my worker/ partner comes along to help me and then in the end he is now overcharging this mod and want to take control all of the stuff, I mean not kicking me out, but like making new topic and I get all the credit only on the maps and imo that's not right for me, because I was the creator of this mod first then he decides to go like this. It's just sad if we have to seperate now because of this reason.

I was so pumped to make the maps and looking forward this whole mod.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 08:11 PM by HumiliatioN.)
08-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Both sides should indeed fulfill any agreements made. If there is any failure in doing so by either party, the remaining party should have the right to take on all responsibilities of the project or drop the project completely. Having made an agreement by mutual consent, one party cannot tell the other party what to do unless the receiving party, likewise, consented to doing so from the commanding party. Indeed, all grey areas must be a mixture of black and white. The amount of work one party puts into the project is irrelevant insofar as the agreement is concerned. If a party decides to do more work than required, that is their problem so long as the agreement is not compromised.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Website Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Ok here i am...
I am making this mod with Humiliation..
But, i think we need to change some statics \ rules \ desiccions and we need to know wheo will be the " projectleader"
The thing here is.. Humi was making a mod and when he had made a small amount of progress i was added in our 2 person team..
So, after like 4-5 months now, i have the feeling i am doing WAY TOO MUCH!!!
I am making Custom hud\FC-Config\BB\Custom enemy-Edited {3-4}\ Created New selfmade sounds and music with my brother \ custom huds \ custom graphics \ storyline \ ALL SCRIPTS \ .english file.. like ... almost everyhting...
I think i deserve a little more then being set as second..
My friend humi just doesnt have a lot of time, sue lack of time in his life..
I on the other hadn am working almost every day 3-6 hours..
So, i was talking about why shouldn't I take the "lead" and i will make all progress.
When humi has time he can add stuff \ maps..
But he insist that HE will upload it to ModDB..
I only want to upload it to ModDB and WE are TOGETHER making this ,od even tho i am making +-m 90% of everything!
---
So, Humi..
Why don't you let me take the "lead" i have time to continue and make some progress..
we can take it VERY slow.. butm comon,...
A little bitmore progress then { YOU -> 1 small work in 1 month? }
I work a lot almost everyday, Just take it easo on YOUR life and i will continue.
When you have time, make some stuff \ add stuff on the map editor and i will do the rest.
ONLY if i am the "leader" and i want to upload it on ModDB.
-
I won't allow you to upload the whole mod, and i worked 90% like 700Hours and you 10% 50 hours..
That's just unfair in my opinion!
Noone will help us here..
It is just YOU agree what i suggest,
Or don't agree and remove ALL MY PROGRESS -? MAPS ETC, ALL!!!
I just feel aht i do too much, and i earn to upload.
DnALANGE

Quote:Waiting for ROBO to come along
AngelTongueRolleyesHuh
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 09:32 PM by DnALANGE.)
08-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2013, 09:21 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Ok here i am...
I am making this mod with Humiliation..
But, i think we need to change some statics \ rules \ desiccions and we need to know wheo will be the " projectleader"
The thing here is.. Humi was making a mod and when he had made a small amount of progress i was added in our 2 person team..
So, after like 4-5 months now, i have the feeling i am doing WAY TOO MUCH!!!
I am making Custom hud\FC-Config\BB\Custom enemy-Edited {3-4}\ Created New selfmade sounds and music with my brother \ custom huds \ custom graphics \ storyline \ ALL SCRIPTS \ .english file.. like ... almost everyhting...
I think i deserve a little more then being set as second..
My friend humi just doesnt have a lot of time, sue lack of time in his life..
I on the other hadn am working almost every day 3-6 hours..
So, i was talking about why shouldn't I take the "lead" and i will make all progress.
When humi has time he can add stuff \ maps..
But he insist that HE will upload it to ModDB..
I only want to upload it to ModDB and WE are TOGETHER making this ,od even tho i am making +-m 90% of everything!
---
So, Humi..
Why don't you let me take the "lead" i have time to continue and make some progress..
we can take it VERY slow.. butm comon,...
A little bitmore progress then { YOU -> 1 small work in 1 month? }
I work a lot almost everyday, Just take it easo on YOUR life and i will continue.
When you have time, make some stuff \ add stuff on the map editor and i will do the rest.
ONLY if i am the "leader" and i want to upload it on ModDB.
-
I won't allow you to upload the whole mod, and i worked 90% like 700Hours and you 10% 50 hours..
That's just unfair in my opinion!
Noone will help us here..
It is just YOU agree what i suggest,
Or don't agree and remove ALL MY PROGRESS -? MAPS ETC, ALL!!!
I just feel aht i do too much, and i earn to upload.
DnALANGE

This is just another ridicilous conversation with you. Yes I'm really busy with my life from time to time, It doesnt mean I stop working whole mapping part, It's just coming slowly and doesn't mean if I make little things on 1 month it will happen every freaking month, don't get upset if I have the right on the mod at the beginning because we agree with this months ago, so it's so stupid to change minds and be like:

"If you can't upload it when it finishes I will quit" Just stop it you are making yourself fool in here, just saying the facts.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM by HumiliatioN.)
08-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

"If you can't upload it when it finishes I will quit" Just stop it you are making yourself fool in here, just saying the facts.
Okay..
Then a fool, and quit the mod...
Then REMOVE ALL MY CONTENT!
SO that is ALL except some maps, you know what i mean by that!
I was very happy to work with you, but these things happen..
Bye Bye 4-5 months!!!
Bb Amnesia mods
08-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2013, 09:39 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: "If you can't upload it when it finishes I will quit" Just stop it you are making yourself fool in here, just saying the facts.
Okay..
Then a fool, and quit the mod...
Then REMOVE ALL MY CONTENT!
SO that is ALL except some maps, you know what i mean by that!
I was very happy to work with you, but these things happen..
Bye Bye 4-5 months!!!
Bb Amnesia mods

Oh my god, everything depends now who uploads it and in the end it doesn't matter who uploads it because you will get credited same amount aswell or more than me.

08-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Find