Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!

SOLVED
08-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Hi.

All this is written with no intentions to offend anybody.

First thing first.
You only get the best results from speaking politely to each other, and remain patient. Being angry solves nothing. So if you cannot reply politely then it's probably best to wait a couple of hours.

Now I've been reading both sides, and chatting a little with Dna. Here is what I get:

Humi starts the mod
Humi recruits Dna as scripter while Humi does the mapping.
Humi is taking his time because of stuff that is none of my business.
Dna begins to create some maps, and custom stuff for the mod.

Dna
Humi writes that you both set some rules, where in which Humi is mapper and Dna is scripter.
Humi might be slow but then you must just keep patient. I'm sure Humi knows what he's doing.
I don't know if you just started mapping, or if you asked him first. But you must listen to Humi when he says he isn't sure if he likes it when you do the mapping. This you must respect Smile

Humi
Dna is afraid that for the work he has done he isn't going to be credited very well, since you are the one uploading the map, and it might be you who get all the credit, since it's your name on it. I'm sure that you would credit Dna for his work. I see no problem in Humi uploading as long as Dna is credited. Smile

The whole "Mod leader"-thing goes over my mind. Nobody is the leader. You're cooperators working together to create something. Maybe one works a little harder than the other, but that doesn't mean he is better and has to be in charge of the other. This is my opinion.

With that said both of you must come to an agreement.

The best thing could be for you both take a day break, then return to the modding with clear understanding in how it's going to work out.

The worst thing is that you remain enemies and the mod is abandoned.

You choose.

Side note: Unused maps are not wasted work, but experience.

If you've already chosen the worst one, you should still try to read what I've written.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(08-19-2013, 10:35 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: Hi.

All this is written with no intentions to offend anybody.

First thing first.
You only get the best results from speaking politely to each other, and remain patient. Being angry solves nothing. So if you cannot reply politely then it's probably best to wait a couple of hours.

Now I've been reading both sides, and chatting a little with Dna. Here is what I get:

Humi starts the mod
Humi recruits Dna as scripter while Humi does the mapping.
Humi is taking his time because of stuff that is none of my business.
Dna begins to create some maps, and custom stuff for the mod.

Dna
Humi writes that you both set some rules, where in which Humi is mapper and Dna is scripter.
Humi might be slow but then you must just keep patient. I'm sure Humi knows what he's doing.
I don't know if you just started mapping, or if you asked him first. But you must listen to Humi when he says he isn't sure if he likes it when you do the mapping. This you must respect Smile

Humi
Dna is afraid that for the work he has done he isn't going to be credited very well, since you are the one uploading the map, and it might be you who get all the credit, since it's your name on it. I'm sure that you would credit Dna for his work. I see no problem in Humi uploading as long as Dna is credited. Smile

The whole "Mod leader"-thing goes over my mind. Nobody is the leader. You're cooperators working together to create something. Maybe one works a little harder than the other, but that doesn't mean he is better and has to be in charge of the other. This is my opinion.

With that said both of you must come to an agreement.

The best thing could be for you both take a day break, then return to the modding with clear understanding in how it's going to work out.

The worst thing is that you remain enemies and the mod is abandoned.

You choose.

Side note: Unused maps are not wasted work, but experience.

If you've already chosen the worst one, you should still try to read what I've written.

I agree with you 100% so true. Yeah, we solved this minutes ago and we decided to continue mod, but with new rules and standards and I will always credit people if they really do the work what they must and have to do.

Thanks for your opinion and support. Smile We got it now!

“Life is a game, play it”
08-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-20-2013, 12:18 AM)Robosprog Wrote: Neither of you should have taken this to the forum, regardless of wanting other opinions upon the matter. It's a private matter and you two resolved it anyway. There was no need to create public drama.

What a heck is your problem again? I can share my feelings and just share this everybody and see people's opinions about this, there is nothing wrong about that. I know thats you'r opinion but if you don't want to see this stuff or know about it then leave this to other guys to comment. Just saying.

I know this was little unnecessary, but this is why this section is made of sharing things and giving other peoples opinions aswell. I'm not making or trying to make drama here, just telling honest opinions that some thins are unfair.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 02:44 AM by HumiliatioN.)
08-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Hahaha I find this funny :] (Sorry)

Well, this is the first time I'm hearing about something like this. My suggestion is that:
1) DnALANGE creates a mod where he is the "project-leader".
2) DnALANGE puts all the "extra work" he does into that mod; custom hud, models etc.
3) DnALANGE does only scripting for you.

That way DnALANGE can take "full credit" for his work - as well as steer his project. It also seems as if he has more time on his hands than you, having a project of his own might be a good outlet for all that time he puts down. So that both of you are working at the same pace.

Good luck both of you!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

EDIT: Bleh, never mind, I was mistaken.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM by Kreekakon.)
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-20-2013, 10:24 AM)Acies Wrote: Hahaha I find this funny :] (Sorry)

Well, this is the first time I'm hearing about something like this. My suggestion is that:
1) DnALANGE creates a mod where he is the "project-leader".
2) DnALANGE puts all the "extra work" he does into that mod; custom hud, models etc.
3) DnALANGE does only scripting for you.

That way DnALANGE can take "full credit" for his work - as well as steer his project. It also seems as if he has more time on his hands than you, having a project of his own might be a good outlet for all that time he puts down. So that both of you are working at the same pace.

Good luck both of you!

Yeah that I was afraid of if he do the most work on mod then Dnalange can take control of the whole mod, but I'm not gonna let that happen because then I'm stupid here and I don't deserve not much credit at all. We are now both working on our parts of the mod and have a new agreement for that, what keeps this time, hopefully Smile

Thanks for your support Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 11:48 AM by HumiliatioN.)
08-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(08-20-2013, 03:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 02:43 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 12:18 AM)Robosprog Wrote: Neither of you should have taken this to the forum, regardless of wanting other opinions upon the matter. It's a private matter and you two resolved it anyway. There was no need to create public drama.

What a heck is your problem again? I can share my feelings and just share this everybody and see people's opinions about this, there is nothing wrong about that. I know thats you'r opinion but if you don't want to see this stuff or know about it then leave this to other guys to comment. Just saying.

I know this was little unnecessary, but this is why this section is made of sharing things and giving other peoples opinions aswell. I'm not making or trying to make drama here, just telling honest opinions that some thins are unfair.

There is no need to reply hostilely, and the fact you acknowledge that it was pointless shows that you didn't think the decision through before posting the thread. And you did create drama, like it or not, and that is not needed at all and you know this. So please, in future just keep it to yourself. The fact you resolved this between you two anyway shows this was all pointless and all it did was create drama and show part of the ugly side of modding. People often romanticize game and mod development and that perspective should not be ruined because of your dispute. Next time, keep it to yourselves and if you want other opinions ask friends, not the forums.

Well that's your opinion again. But others are helping me with this and give different perspectives for the problem and it's interesting to see. I really don't care what you think, I know you are just trying to make me bad guy here overall. If you really don't like what you see and your advices are not helpful so far, then stay away from this thread. Simple as that. :F

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM by HumiliatioN.)
08-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-20-2013, 04:38 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Well that's your opinion again. But others are helping me with this and give different perspectives for the problem and it's interesting to see. I really don't care what you think, I know you are just trying to make me bad guy here overall. If you really don't like what you see and your advices are not helpful so far, then stay away from this thread. Simple as that. :F

Woah, Humi, I agree with what you're saying here, but you need to chill out. Robo's given you the courtesy to not act hostile on his side, and you shoudl be expected to do the same.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

I'm not arguing at all, just saying I can share these things here. I mean is that wrong somehow? But if these things happen again I will not make a new thread for that.

Robo I'm not your enemy just don't appeciate always what you are saying here.. because im my opinion you are negative about everything what I publish here and you have to complain always something what really bugs me little bit.

08-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Find