Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
pikmintaro Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

At the end of the video Pewdiepie said that was all he could show, so he isn't showing anything Frictional didn't want him to, if you didn't want to see the monster or spoil any of the game's early scares then you shouldn't have watched the video, also we know this isn't the only monster in the game because of the first trailer, and the monster going into the alley in the screenshot looks completely different than this hunchbacked one.

As for Pewdiepie himself, I like him and I don't really get all the hate for him since it seems more like childish misplaced jealousy than anything else, to me it's mostly that immature group of fans (Out of his twelve million subscribers.) that are annoying, but I personally like Markiplier a lot more, however I can see why Frictional sent Pewdiepie the game since he will give it a ton of exposure.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 05:48 AM by pikmintaro.)
08-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Find
Vertical Offline

Threads: 1

Again regarding the voices coming from the cage...

Spoiler below!
Well, after a few hours of looking up every single word I could make out of the man/men speaking from the cage, I think I nailed the language - Irish, or I'm just deaf and someone from Ireland will refute my observations in a few minutes.

Here's a link to the same video of PDP, but the "voices part" is looped, so you don't have to revert the progression slider every ten seconds.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=yUFsmtGWcfY&p=n#/81;92

And here's a sample of Irish language (however there are also spoken English sentences) I found to sound very similarly to the above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUWAy2bgM9k

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 02:43 PM by Vertical.)
08-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Find
Peci Offline

(08-26-2013, 12:49 AM)Kein Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 09:15 PM)Peci Wrote: Leda and the Swan already discussed before. Strong bestiality theme going on there.
That painting was mentioned only once in this thread and nobody talked about bestiality at all. Except, well, you.

Besides, it is a well-known classic. original Amnesia featured some classic artwork as well, IIRC.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't put it in the right way. What I meant was that because someone else had already dug out the info about it, I didn't want to repeat it. And as it is certainly the most interesting painting of them all, I assumed that people following this thread have already read about it.

Yes, according to backstory there is a god and a human having sex, but literally there is an animal and human having sex. So two ways to look at it.
08-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Well I have to admit, although I'm a bit dissapointed at FG and Pewds, I'm still a fan.

Although I kinda hate PDP now like I always do with more hatred and a little hate for FG, but it's fine.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Find
Jamesy Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah the end of the video implies that Pewds has been told by FG what he can and cannot show.

Everything in that video looked quite similar to the first Amnesia, in terms of gameplay. The way this game has developed over time we know there's a lot of different stuff and I'm certain there will be some surprises along the way. So hopefully what Pewds has released is very minimal stuff in the grand scheme of things.

FG aren't stupid. They will not want their gem ruined before it's released. They will want to tease everyone but still keep a lot hidden. Have a little faith!
08-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

Does anyone notice how the lantern will flash incase you look at the monster? It's just like in Slender the arrival but with a lantern. I also noticed that the lantern has a lightbulb in it so... no recharge is needed perhaps.

EDIT: I forgot to tell Fancreeper that the ''vision'' is what Oswald does incase there is danger close to him or it shows that he is frightened (Or still sick or in nightmare mode)

EDIT 2: The blood trail seen in the beginning is actually a little part of the woman being dragged by the pig monster presumably outside Oswald's house, there must have been some sort of a back secret door... So... rotate the bathtub get in there, see the one mirror then, probably a door that leads where the monster pig was, and that's it...? I think?

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM by blueberry.)
08-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Find
Vertical Offline

Yeah, I noticed that as well. A similar effect applies to
Spoiler below!
the electrical "lamps" in that "factory"(?) level when Oswalds spots an approaching monster. This may suggest there is something in monsters that affects electricity.

And the situation right at the beginning, when the lamps in a corridor flicker right before an enemy's roar is heard.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM by Vertical.)
08-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

Nice spotting there! I forgot about that. It must be because the pigs have some magnetic(?) pieces in them that causes the electricity to loose concentration with their power source or something.

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
08-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(08-26-2013, 04:22 PM)Vertical Wrote: Yeah, I noticed that as well. A similar effect applies to
Spoiler below!
the electrical "lamps" in that "factory"(?) level when Oswalds spots an approaching monster. This may suggest there is something in monsters that affects electricity.

And the situation right at the beginning, when the lamps in a corridor flicker right before an enemy's roar is heard.

Or it could just be a shock effect. I dont think that they affect the electricity... Well with what would they do that? Magic?

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

For everyone who thinks the monster has been spoiled, think again (the spoiler is a youtube video and carefull with what i wright below the link, it contains major spoilers)
Spoiler below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rpPZg7J54
What really intrigued me is what he said about the monster who goes on 4 legs, there are multiple of them and they are the "minor monster", and therefore, the only one that has been spoiled for us. The actual monster (from the gameplay trailer) will be the main monster, kind of like the grunt, and the other ones will be the brutes persay. Maybe, and I say, MAYBE, we might even have more monsters.

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 07:00 PM by Derxor.)
08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Website Find