Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Attack On Titan
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Attack On Titan

(08-27-2013, 05:19 PM)Your Computer Wrote: They do not go easy on brutality.

I've read a few earlier parts of the manga (Not all of it), and I've realized the anime is actually quite toned down/censored in its brutality level when compared to the manga. Likely because the anime is for a wide TV audience.

For example:

Spoiler below!
Forgot who it involved, but in the manga there was one scene where a female soldier was performing CPR on a apparently unconscious male soldier. Then someone (I think it was Aremin) comes, and tries to tell her it's useless. She doesn't believe him, and continues. The camera angle then changes to show that the male soldier on the floor has actually already been dismembered in two from the torso.

In the anime the scene is mostly the same, but they never explicitly show the male soldier in half, but rather it is very subtly implied through clever camera angles.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I really like it too. Followed it from the start and was sold by episode 4. Recently the constant cliffhangers leave me frustrated, ending each episode with a bad taste in my mouth.

Hopefully it won't stagnate.. :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

08-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Just got back from the latest episode, episode 21.

...without spoiling anything, the front half of the episode is one of the most devastating, badass, majestic, and hopeless piece of media I have ever seen all in one. Back half slightly falls short, but mostly because it was trying to live up to near perfection.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 04:23 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(09-01-2013, 04:20 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Just got back from the latest episode, episode 21.

...without spoiling anything, the front half of the episode is one of the most devastating, badass, majestic, and hopeless piece of media I have ever seen all in one. Back half slightly falls short, but mostly because it was trying to live up to near perfection.

Oh, we'll soon run out of episodes. Something tells me that there's going to
be second season.

I really have to say that the writer really dares to make some decision which
others wouldn't do. That makes this show unique.
And what i really love about this show is how people
really pretends to do something, and then unexpectly fails.

And that episode, Just wow, really didn't see that coming!
09-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

They may not have enough characters come any second season. Tongue

I wonder if they'll pull a Code Geass for the end of season 1. This anime is so indescribably-paced, and those cliffhangers! A bit disappointing seeing "to be continued," but that doesn't detract from me waiting for the next episode.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Website Find