Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updating script support, taking requests
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Updating script support, taking requests

I have also a couple of things but this one i think is very handy :
a SEARCHBAR inide the editor for searching items\entities\statics etc.
Sometimes i am like... what was the name again..where was it?.. entities\static...
IN the seach bar just add a letter and it could help you out?
-
I think it would be amazing if it is possible to have something like this :
SetStaticObjectActive(String &asName, bool abActive);
Then we could make almost everything active\inactive.
Very usefull for sanity events { moving walls \ floors\ etc.. }
-
Also what FlawlessHair said before : the SANITYEVENTS are so hard to make now! "altho I have created a tread that works but it could be very difficult to get it to work for some other "Unexperienced" people.., Jens, You might take a look at my thread and see what people have to do nowdays to get a CUSTOM SANITYEVENT to work when and NOT RANDOM!!!. : http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22215.html
Also a Full Conversion is needed cause the change of the main game settings \ SanityEvents!

I have fixed the problem with a HUGH script and INSANE BIG InsanityEvent.cfg...
-
ActivateInsanityEffect(string& asEffect, bool abActive);
OR
ActivateInsanityEffect(string& asEffect\Name, FadeIn, FadeOut,bool PlaySoundWhenActive, bool abActive);
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM by DnALANGE.)
08-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Mulled things over a bit, I have some additional suggestions. If they've already been mentioned then hey, here's one more person who would appreciate their implementations!

Access/mutate entity positions, scales and rotations. My rough and painstaking implementation of a HUD required animating plain images in GIMP and exporting them as a series of frames which I posted as billboards attached to the player lantern. It was great but it was a pain to tweak things in the animation. It would be really nice to be able to simply transform entities directly!

Custom shaders? Please? Smile Would be nice to be able to tweak the glow effects on monsters and items or implement new screen effects this way. I know it isn't an easy thing to implement, but I'm still hopeful.

Better animation control for entities. There's a function already for animating entities, but it'd be nice to split it up into smaller functions e.g. PlayPropAnimation(string who, string anim, bool loop); SetPropAnimationSpeed(string who, float s); I'm also not sure if these work properly on enemies. Would be very useful to use them for enemies doing special actions like opening a door without breaking it, or picking up an item.

Assign Kaernk (did I spell that right)? path nodes. As far as I can remember the river fishies will gladly follow path nodes but will not respond to path node assignment like grunt or brute enemies will with AddEnemyPatrolNode. A workaround would be to spawn food items near nodes you want them to travel too, but it would be nice to have a simple function to do this for us.

In general it would be nice for a lot of the existing script functions to provide more of a control interface rather than a task-oriented interface. A lot are "fire and forget", but it would be nice to have more explicit control of things: allow us to get/set absolute positions/dimensions/velocities/speed of arbitrary entities, objects or their properties.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 11:29 PM by palistov.)
08-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

How about making Blender animations to work on Amnesia? That'd be great for all us Blender modellers.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-31-2013, 01:16 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: How about making Blender animations to work on Amnesia? That'd be great for all us Blender modellers.

Read the 3 posts:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/pos...#pid253718

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Jens has already stated that blender won't be able to get support.
08-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

1.I know a lot of people without 3d modelling skills, use the primitive planes to get more out of the engine, but being limited to planes only is well...limiting!
I suggest adding more primitives like cylinders,spheres and maybe a tube.
A cube would be good too so people dont have to place 6 planes.

2. Add support for loading assets from outside the default folders in the level editor, makes it easier for people using custom assets in the CS and FC/IFC to develop so they dont have to have their assets in 2 places(one in static_objects folder, and one in their mod folder), or do the load another mesh on a model work around.

3. Add support for moving the camera through script to a specified area,(script area or playerstart area fx, you decide) rather then having to script the exact transformations, will help a lot of people out who want to use non-first person viewpoint for "cinematics", mostly intros.

4. Give particles a wireframe box(like boxlight or plane) so you know exacly how much area they cover, specifically I was thinking of the rain particles

5. add an option to make the UI dark grey, because nowadays everything is dark grey Tongue
08-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

2. Add support for loading assets from outside the default folders in the level editor, makes it easier for people using custom assets in the CS and FC/IFC to develop so they dont have to have their assets in 2 places(one in static_objects folder, and one in their mod folder), or do the load another mesh on a model work around.
-
For this in a FC\IFC just easely do this.
open AMNESIA RESOURCES.CFG and add YOURMODNAME on top.
That should do the trick for that in the leveleditor to see even YOUR assists in the leveleditor.
ALTHO... you still have to do something like this "for an entitie now" : place an entitie and go to your folder "FC\IFC" look for your entities and select it.
That's the way the editor will see your entites, and won;t give the CANT FIND BLA BLA..
08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yeah custom shaders would be amazing.
08-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

Just so you all don't end up being disappointed in the end I feel I should let you know that some of the cooler suggestions in here are unfortunately beyond the scope of the update. It's still going to be the same old HPL2 engine (+ aamfp asset support) with all its quirks, only with some additional script functions to make your lives easier.
Hopefully that doesn't kill the party.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2013, 07:19 PM by Patrik.)
08-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
Javist Offline

Threads: 3

That's bit sad, but - it can be understood. Thanks for the efforts anyway! Smile
p.s Can later we be able to see the list of suggestions that have been accepted?

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2013, 07:35 PM by Javist.)
08-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Find