Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The game constantly freezes during the dream sequence.
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago The game constantly freezes during the dream sequence.

I mean the first nightmare scene with the spider hatching.
There is some sort of minor graphic glitch there (I optimised all of the settings in the game). The nightmare scenes in general tend to constantly freeze the whole game, as well as the computer.
I'll try to finish it a few more times though... But any advice would help.

Could the patch be enough to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
08-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The game constantly freezes during the dream sequence.

Might be any number of causes.

Try appliying the patch. Also try updating graphic card drivers.

It might also be the case that your graphics card over heat. In that case, try cleaning its fan.
08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The game constantly freezes during the dream sequence.

If you are running the czech version there is no patch, it should be an updated full install. The update is only for the original english & german release.
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Website Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

OK, fellas, thanks for the advice.

It's not that bad, the video card is probably just a bit weaker, that's all - I'm playing BP on my notebook, as all previous Penumbras.

The rest is working fine, without lagging or graphic glitches.

I knew that the patch would be probably installed in the czech version, but I gave it a try anyway.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Find