Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Why won't AMFP be supporting CS's?

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: 3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

Oh man, this is fantastic news. Thank you for doing this, it's not like you guys had to but you did and I love you for it Heart
08-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(08-30-2013, 10:54 AM)Paddy Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: 3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

Oh man, this is fantastic news. Thank you for doing this, it's not like you guys had to but you did and I love you for it Heart

Much better than having no CS support at least. Well, perhaps even better than having CS support itself. TDD custom stories won't die, on the contrary, they will get a boost in popularity now with possible AAMFP content in them.

08-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

Hang on like an update patch? Wouldn't that mean that you would be downloading a bunch of assets which weren't used in the original Amnesia? Modders would love it, but average gamers might not, because wouldn't this be increasing the installation size with a lot of dead weight?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Find
TuBBe Offline

Threads: 0

Had to register just for this but

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory.

WAIT WHAT AND WHY?
08-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Find
kingbdogz Offline

Threads: 0

(08-30-2013, 01:06 PM)TuBBe Wrote:

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory.

WAIT WHAT AND WHY?

Puzzles are done through physical interaction now. You pick up an item physically, then use it with other objects to complete a puzzle.

I'm in favour of this design, it keeps the player constantly immersed in the world instead of going to another screen. Interacting with the world, instead of just some images/icons of items, is a far superior design in my opinion.
08-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Don't know if it's just me, but does the majority of forum users try to make Frictional Games look bad?

Since they only complain about stuff instead of thinking the fact that so far there's never been any sort of crapping on paying customers face, like in many major game companies who demand more and more money by releasing half done games and then releasing the rest of the game as payable DLC and where every feature is just a limitation on how you can use your product (DRM, Steam/Origin forced retail copies).

Giving game to PDP was just a marketing trick, which cost 15$ and earned itself back more than few times by bumping the game temporarily on Top #10 list on Steam for the second time. The problem with this with people was the fact that it was PDP who made the video, even though trailers spoil about the same amount of content anyway.

However, I must admit that at first it seemed a bit weird that AMFP didn't have Custom Story support, which personally I don't care about that much anyway, but since it was in the first game then why not in this one? Completely legit thought.
However, after reading about the update coming for original Amnesia and game being as cheap as it is, I can see that there is no problem with the company that I can think of.

If Frictional Games really wanted to be an ass, they would have released the Custom Story support as payable DLC, flipping the bird and saying: "Thanks for your support, idiots!". But no, instead you get an update for a 3 year old game completely free.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 02:02 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

This makes me seriously wonder what the EA forums look. I would imagine it's not too pretty.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(08-30-2013, 01:06 PM)TuBBe Wrote:

WAIT WHAT AND WHY?

To make the game more realistic.
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(08-30-2013, 01:55 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: This makes me seriously wonder what the EA forums look. I would imagine it's not too pretty.

I don't even bother venturing in those.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
08-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(08-30-2013, 02:42 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: I don't even bother venturing in those.

This is completely off-topic but do you find that this "forum bitchiness culture" is more or less irritating since you've been "in the business"? I'm sure being on the receiving end of whining is always bad, but as a passive observer of reactions to other games/companies you're not personally a part of do you have a different perspective? And what's your experience of past colleagues and their posting habits?

I always cringe a little when a developer reads/responds to something I've posted because it's like "shit, they know a hell of a lot more than me about this situation and they're probably yelling DICK at their monitor even as they type a very calm and friendly response" hahaha.
08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Find