Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem
toyota582 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: 2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem

WindexGlow how are you downloading the game since it says its not yet available?

I do have a couple questions
1. will gamersgate be the ONLY way to get the game?
2. will I be able to burn the game to disc?
3. will I be able to play the game just from the disc later or will I have to connect to gamersgate to play
08-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Congratulations Frictional!!

Not an image
08-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

toyota582 Wrote:WindexGlow how are you downloading the game since it says its not yet available?

I do have couple questions
3. will I be able to play the game just from the disc later or will I have to connect to gamersgate to play

ok, first, you will need black plague to play.

Secondly, you can burn it to a disk, but its only the components for the installation, gamersgate use a clever security system, so no, you won't be able to put it on a cd and play.

thirdly, yes its the only place to purchase the game.

lasty, you only need gamersgate to install it, after that, you can do watever you like.

Not an image
08-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Find
toyota582 Offline

Tommy Gun Wrote:
toyota582 Wrote:WindexGlow how are you downloading the game since it says its not yet available?

Secondly, you can burn it to a disk, but its only the components for the installation, gamersgate use a clever security system, so no, you won't be able to put it on a cd and play.

lasty, you only need gamersgate to install it, after that, you can do watever you like.
thanks. So in other words if gamersgate is down or goes out of business I lose the game I bought. I hate this kind of service because its basically like paying to borrow a game from a company. STEAM is the only electronic downloads that I have ever used or trusted.
08-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

toyota582 Wrote:
Tommy Gun Wrote:

thanks. So in other words if gamersgate is down or goes out of business I lose the game I bought. I hate this kind of service because its basically like paying to borrow a game from a company. STEAM is the only electronic downloads that I have ever used or trusted.

No, you download it, (using gamersgate downloader) then from there u install it. So if gamergate crashes, you can still use it if it is installed.

Not an image
08-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Find
toyota582 Offline

Tommy Gun Wrote:No, you download it, (using gamersgate downloader) then from there u install it. So if gamergate crashes, you can still use it if it is installed.
oh ok. I guess I misread what you said. so you are positive that once I burn it to disc that it is mine to install and play where and when I please?
08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

As for your first question: "There might".
We are not handling sales at all for the Windows version, so we are not sure in what forms it might come available.

Contact http://www.GamersGate.com for information on the others.
08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

yes, but, it must be only ur internet. if u burn it at ur mates house, it wont work.
U can put the stuff on a disc, then install it using gamersgate installer.. but you NEED gamersgate installer

There is a section for this in gamergate, hold on a sec...

http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=page&what=faq

hope this helps, and good luck.

(i like steam to Smile)

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 07:20 AM by ARes88.)
08-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Find
toyota582 Offline

Tommy Gun Wrote:yes, but, it must be only ur internet. if u burn it at ur mates house, it wont work.
U can put the stuff on a disc, then install it using gamersgate installer.. but you need gamersgate installer

There is a section for this in gamergate, hold on a sec...

http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=page&what=faq

hope this helps, and good luck.

(i like steam to Smile)
ok now I am more confused. lol. so I will always need gamersgate to play in the future?
08-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

lol, no, just for the installation.

Not an image
08-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Find