Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Steam workshop
d2tz Offline

Threads: 2
Steam workshop

So I was just browsing the Steam workshop to see if anyone had found any new info on the game or anything like that, when all of a sudden about 10 different people all had posted screenshots of gameplay. Now you might say that it could be from the first 30 minute videos but some of the screenshots look nothing like the areas in the 30 minute video tease.

So my question is, how are these people playing the game so early? Or were they given early access? If so, please explain to me why they got it before so many others.

Thank you for any replies. Rolleyes
09-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Steam workshop

Most likely just for marketing.
09-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Find
gruzz Offline

Threads: 24

1. Marketing.
2. (from FG's twitter): "Good thing with digital distribution: We can instantly fix issues found in previews and provide best possible game at release."
09-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-07-2013, 01:49 AM)d2tz Wrote: So I was just browsing the Steam workshop to see if anyone had found any new info on the game or anything like that, when all of a sudden about 10 different people all had posted screenshots of gameplay. Now you might say that it could be from the first 30 minute videos but some of the screenshots look nothing like the areas in the 30 minute video tease.

So my question is, how are these people playing the game so early? Or were they given early access? If so, please explain to me why they got it before so many others.

Thank you for any replies. Rolleyes

As far as I can tell I think people get early access copies and there have also been a fair few review copies presented too. For review copies - I could be wrong - but I think they're the full game it's just that they're only allowed to show their first 30 minutes of game time.

As said before it's all for marketing and what not. Instead of demos, special people get early access and review copies and we 'normies' get to see it - I have not watched any of the gameplay videos mainly because I just rather doing it all for myself.
09-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Find