Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Blue Haze Problem
ZIGS Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Blue Haze Problem

Any word on when they're gonna fix this? Or at least some workaround (that actually works for everyone, not just some)
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

The blue haze is just in the first three mansion levels.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 05:38 PM by Googolplex.)
09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Find
gatecr4sher Offline

Threads: 0

First off I'm enjoying the first parts of the game, but I did spend a significant amount of time trying to fix this issue, thinking it was just my display.

I just want to put in my two cents, which is that in my (non-technical) opinion this is a real issue that is simply affecting some people's hardware (monitor) more than others. Here's why I feel that way:

I'm running one of the newly released Macbook pros with the newer Intel Iris 5xxx graphics, through HDMI to a 42" 1080p TV. Odd setup I know, and I'm not under the impression that this is a good way to get perfect graphics. Bear with me.

I mirror my displays so what's on the laptop is also showing on the TV. During this, on the MBP's display everything looks fine and the game runs smoothly on high settings. There is no apparent haziness.

At the exact same time, the TV shows a washed-out, bluish haze over the whole screen that blurs everything and makes the game almost unplayable. It looks exactly like in the youtube video posted earlier by "Less Blue Haze Please".

Here's the catch: On my TV, the problem does not exist in the game start screen. Everything looks awesome. No blue haze. The second I press 'continue' and the environment loads, there is now the blue haze. You can see this on the youtube video as well and it also appears that the problem doesn't exist while reading the journal. So there is some sort of effect ONLY applied to the player's field of view in the 3d environment, and this effect is amplified on some displays. It would be nice to find the effect and maybe have a setting to turn it off if you're having that issue. Or maybe if the effect is intentional, it can be accomplished in a different way that doesn't make some displays greatly exacerbate the effects.

Like I said, in the start screen everything looks fine on both my displays. Loading the game, however, everything looks like crap but ONLY on my TV. I suppose it's possible that there's a setting on the TV and some other displays that's especially sensitive to the (seemingly intentional) blue haze effect. But I have tinkered with the TV's settings and I have no idea what that setting is.

Just putting what info I have into the conversation.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 09:24 AM by gatecr4sher.)
11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Hey, please check this thread for new info on the blue haze feature:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23416.html

I copied your last post over there as well.
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Find