Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse sensitivity problem
Deluvas Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Mouse sensitivity problem

I have the same problem. I've tried the game at 5040x1050 and the horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity axes are not scaled properly. I suspect it's because of the huge difference in width and height which affect the camera sensitivity computations.

Quote:possibly it could be to the 3 monitors, which has not really been tested and supported by the game

This explains it.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:50 AM by Deluvas.)
09-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Find
Five Rounds Rapid Offline

Threads: 0

I also have this problem. I have three monitors in Nvidia surround giving a resolution of 5760 * 1080.

Amnesia and Amnesia:Justine's mouse movement worked perfectly - they are excellent games in ultra-wide resolution. I was disappointed to find that AMFP has this problem.

Vertical mouse movement is too quick, horizontal is too slow, so the ratio calculation must be wrong (or perhaps this is now fixed at a 1:1 ratio). If it can't be altered, perhaps we could have an extra multiplier parameter in the user_settings.cfg so we can specify the ratio?

If this could be corrected that would be appreciated (i'm not playing the game until i can resolve this). If i find a workaround I'll post back here Smile
09-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
Nox Deleo Offline

+1 with this problem (4080x768 Eyefinity). Likewise previous games worked fine. I'd love to suck it up and play with one screen, but extra immersion is really worth it in this game. Made the other games that much scarier. I'm sure I can come up with a hack for it, but I'd really appreciate if this could be fixed with a ratio in the settings, or one set automatically from aspect ratio, or whatever you can do. Thanks.

Edit: I did notice it was fine on the pause menu, just not in game.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 10:49 AM by Nox Deleo.)
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Find
xello Offline

This is nothing to do with your 'ultra wide' setups guys, i am playing on single 1920x1080 screen and have this issue. This is just the way the game is and it seems 99% don't notice. I find it almost unplayable...
09-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Find
Nox Deleo Offline

(09-15-2013, 03:13 PM)xello Wrote: This is nothing to do with your 'ultra wide' setups guys, i am playing on single 1920x1080 screen and have this issue. This is just the way the game is and it seems 99% don't notice. I find it almost unplayable...

Out of interest, does yours feel like a 16:9 kinda ratio? I ask this, because mine feels like a 48:9 ratio.
09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Find
xello Offline

(09-16-2013, 11:40 AM)Nox Deleo Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 03:13 PM)xello Wrote: This is nothing to do with your 'ultra wide' setups guys, i am playing on single 1920x1080 screen and have this issue. This is just the way the game is and it seems 99% don't notice. I find it almost unplayable...

Out of interest, does yours feel like a 16:9 kinda ratio? I ask this, because mine feels like a 48:9 ratio.

I'm not sure what you mean Huh

The vertical sensitivity vs horizontal sensitivity discrepency is very similar to what Metro 2033 had (I haven't played Last Light yet so i'm not sure if they fixed it) except in that game it was the horizontal sensitivity that was way higher than vertical. Another game I played recently with that issue is System Shock 2, though I am not going to complain about things like that on such an old game.
09-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
Nox Deleo Offline

(09-16-2013, 03:47 PM)xello Wrote:

The vertical sensitivity vs horizontal sensitivity discrepency is very similar to what Metro 2033 had (I haven't played Last Light yet so i'm not sure if they fixed it) except in that game it was the horizontal sensitivity that was way higher than vertical. Another game I played recently with that issue is System Shock 2, though I am not going to complain about things like that on such an old game.

I've been playing Last Light and FWIW it seems fine to me. What I mean is, my game feels like if I moved my mouse diagonally, I'd get 48 vertical pixels movement for every 9 horizontal. I'm not sure how else to explain it. I was basically just wondering if the amount of movement changed proportionally with aspect ratio. Anyway I just tested it on a single screen, and that does seem to be the case. In fact I'm not sure I'd have noticed the problem at all if I hadn't been looking for it.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 11:30 AM by Nox Deleo.)
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Find
xello Offline

(09-17-2013, 11:29 AM)Nox Deleo Wrote:

I've been playing Last Light and FWIW it seems fine to me. What I mean is, my game feels like if I moved my mouse diagonally, I'd get 48 vertical pixels movement for every 9 horizontal. I'm not sure how else to explain it. I was basically just wondering if the amount of movement changed proportionally with aspect ratio. Anyway I just tested it on a single screen, and that does seem to be the case. In fact I'm not sure I'd have noticed the problem at all if I hadn't been looking for it.

Yeah, though in this case rather than 48:9 it's like 9:48 lol. It may well be linked to aspect ratio, as that would be the same as in SS2, being an old game designed to run in i guess 4:3 resolutions, it's only when running widescreen (which you actually have to mod it for, so there's even less blame to give to the dev) that you get the sensitivity discrepancy. Alien versus Predator 2 has this too when forcing it to run in widescreen. It made more sense for it to be linked to AR in these other cases though because of the horizontal sensitivity being higher, i'm not sure what flips it in AMFP. You can at least forgive and even expect it from those old games too, released before widescreen was really a standard, i always find it bewildering when a modern game has this issue.

Like with metro and ss2 I'm using Razer settings to correct it and reduce vertical sensitivity, but i hate it when that's the best solution available.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 03:26 PM by xello.)
09-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Find
Nox Deleo Offline

(09-17-2013, 03:22 PM)xello Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 11:29 AM)Nox Deleo Wrote:

Yeah, though in this case rather than 48:9 it's like 9:48 lol. It may well be linked to aspect ratio, as that would be the same as in SS2, being an old game designed to run in i guess 4:3 resolutions, it's only when running widescreen (which you actually have to mod it for, so there's even less blame to give to the dev) that you get the sensitivity discrepancy. Alien versus Predator 2 has this too when forcing it to run in widescreen. It made more sense for it to be linked to AR in these other cases though because of the horizontal sensitivity being higher, i'm not sure what flips it in AMFP. You can at least forgive and even expect it from those old games too, released before widescreen was really a standard, i always find it bewildering when a modern game has this issue.

Like with metro and ss2 I'm using Razer settings to correct it and reduce vertical sensitivity, but i hate it when that's the best solution available.

Yeah, I had a go at SS2 for Eyefinity, but couldn't get the HUD to center. Oh well. Good thing there's wsgf.org for a lot of games these days.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the sensitivity issue. It does seem like someone has mixed up the X and Y axes with the sensitivity setting. I bet if they were simply flipped it would work flawlessly. On another note you gave me the idea to check Logitech SetPoint for my mouse, and I can do the same thing. Thanks a ton for that. Hope it gets fixed up anyway, but at least I can play the game now.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 10:55 AM by Nox Deleo.)
09-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

The mouse sensitivity issue has been noted and will be fixed in the next patch.
09-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Find