Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to Make AAMFP Run Smoother/Without Issues
summit Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago How to Make AAMFP Run Smoother/Without Issues

Hello guys, today I am going show you the steps of playing Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs smoother/without problems. I will update this thread when new problems/solutions appear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Problems/Issues:

- My game crashes on startup and BlackBox window appears.
Spoiler below!
There will be an update which will fix this, but for now there are some solutions for this:

First Solution (by Thomas):

(09-10-2013, 10:11 AM)Thomas Wrote: A few people have reported that the game crashes at start up, and we think we know the
issue.

If you are having this problem, disconnect any gamepads and then start the game. Please report here if this works or not, so we know we if are on the right track.

Second Solution (by nebej):

(09-10-2013, 11:46 AM)nebej Wrote: If the game crashes (even with Steam version) you should test with this exe.

http://thedarkswarm.com/downloads/public/aamfpDebug.zip

Here is a test patch that could fix the crash at startup.
Please test this and report if it is working.

If it works for most of you we will apply this patch to the live version.

Other Solutions:

- You can try to close your antivirus and other unnecessary background programs while you are playing the game.

- You can close Steam/Origin Overlay if you are receiving errors.

- You can close programs like Game Booster, etc. These programs can cause errors.

- My game crashes in the second level of AAMFP.

Spoiler below!

Solution (by Arkad1a - for nVIDIA but similiar to ATI):

Quote: A lot of people have more than one Graphics Card, like me. I had an Intel Integrated GPX with an additional nVIDIA Card, which is supposed to switch over for resource intensive applications, for some reason it was not switching over and AAMFP was trying to run Intel Integrated Card, causing the crash to desktop. Basically you need to force Amnesia.exe to use your nVIDIA/ATI Card by browsing the game's installation folder and finding Amnesia.exe, then Right Click > Run With Graphic Processor > Choose Default Graphic Processor. In this control panel you can force it to use external nvidia card.

- A blue "haze" is always on the game, I can see clear as day without lantern.

Spoiler below!

Solutions:

- You can try to make your gamma lower if this annoys you.

- You can try to restart your machine and make your drivers update.

- You can try to run the game in window mode and/or also try to run the game in full screen native resolution.

There is not a %100 solution yet but there is an explanation from jens;

(09-10-2013, 10:48 AM)jens Wrote: The blue haze is intentional, different levels will have different variations of it, second level in the mansion probably has the most of this effect.

- When I set the game to fullscreen, it minimizes to the Taskbar.

Spoiler below!

Solutions:

- You can try to update your drivers. First update your Graphics Card driver.

- If Steam/Origin Overlay enabled, disable them.

- Close unnecessary background programs.

- Make sure that there isn't any updating/downloading operation.

- Restart Windows.

- When I go to a new area or a voice appears, my PC freezes for a second.

Spoiler below!

Solution (by jens):

(09-10-2013, 10:50 AM)jens Wrote: It could be due to a slow harddrive, try to defragment it and see if that helps. Everything is loaded when a level loads, except some sounds that are streamed from the drive as they play, it might be that the stutter/freeze comes from it taking some time to find and buffer a
bit of the sound/music/voice.

Second Solution (by jens):

(09-10-2013, 01:09 PM)jens Wrote: if you open main_settings.cfg in notepad, file is found in My Documents/Amnesia/Pig you can try and set MaxChannels="64" to 32 instead, StreamBuffers="8" to 4 instead and see if that helps. If not, then try and set StreamBufferSize="262144" to something like
131072 instead and see if that makes a difference.

Other Solutions:

- Your system can cause this. This will happen if you have a weak system.

- My system isn't weak, but it keeps rebooting on high/medium/low settings.

Spoiler below!

Solution (by jens):

(09-10-2013, 11:36 AM)jens Wrote: Sounds like it might overheat, possible that the computer could use a cleaning from dust? Amnesia games tend to make the computer run very hot, possibly because it uses OpenGL. So make sure good air-flow, not overlocking and possibly run on medium/low settings.

- I have an Intel Graphics Card, but game freezes at one point.

Spoiler below!

Solution (For All Versions):

- If you have an Intel Graphic Card, you can launch the game but it is not supported by the game and you can have issues. You can maybe fix this by updating your graphic card driver.

Solution (For Steam - by jens):

(09-10-2013, 01:05 PM)jens Wrote: Can try to verify the cache integrity of the game in steam and see if that helps, also try running at lower settings. There are some errors that are either due to missing files or the card not capable of creating the textures.

Unfortunately no there are no plans to officially support integrated graphics.

- My character spins as soon as I gain control.

Spoiler below!

Solution (by jens):

(09-10-2013, 11:58 AM)jens Wrote: If you have a gamepad plugged in it could be that is sends input, so try and unplug it before starting the game.

- I selected a different language, but the language is still English in the game.

Spoiler below!

Solution:
- You need to restart the game.

- I can't load the Main Menu.

Spoiler below!

Solution:

- Update your all drivers. And a suggestion: Check your drivers once a week.

- I am having screen tearing even with VSync enabled.

Spoiler below!

First Solution (by jens):

(09-10-2013, 08:49 AM)jens Wrote: Make sure the graphics card is not set to put vsync to off, make sure control panel leaves it up to the game to decide, or try to force it active.

Other Solution :

- You can try changing VSync to always on in Graphic Card Settings.

- I am stuck! What should I do?

Spoiler below!

Solution :

- You can load your last save.

I am still getting an error!? What should I do then?
Spoiler below!

You can open a thread in Technical Support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) For Better Experience

- Graphic Options

Spoiler below!

- Never launch the game in maximum settings if you have a weak system. You can try to launch it on the Low/Medium settings. You can open VSync if you want to.

- Don't use programs like Game Booster to boost your graphics, because these programs can cause issues.

- If you want to run the game with better experience, compare your system with system requirements of AAMFP from this thread.

- Maybe playing the game in Windowed Mode can be more smoother than Fullscreen Mode in weak systems.

- Sound Options

Spoiler below!

- If you play Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs with headphones, you will get the best experience of horror.

- If you make the sound settings high, this will make your gameplay easier. You can listen ambient better, so you can hear all the monsters, other stuff.

- Open the subtitles, I suggest you, you will track conversations easily. And if you are making commentary on YouTube, etc. you should open it.

- Mouse Options

Spoiler below!

- I don't suggest you to invert your mouse vertically, this will make the gameplay harder. But if you play everytime with inverting your mouse, there isn't any problem.

- Don't make your mouse sensivity too high or too low. If you make it too high, it'll be harder to focus on something. If you make it too low, it will be hard too look around. Your choice, trying to keep it normal.

I hope this thread will help you.
Updated [11/09/13]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM by summit.)
09-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: How to Make AAMFP Run Smoother/Without Issues

- Updated on 11/09/13.

- I added a new problem/solution.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:25 AM by summit.)
09-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Find