Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 4.62 Average
Stuttering, Small freezes and framerate Issues
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: game stutters (freezes for short time)

(09-10-2013, 03:39 PM)CalinTM Wrote: I have freezes too, loaded the dark descent and i don't have freezes in that one.

TDD was not as demanding as a machine for pigs. Though they both should run on old machines, the definition for old machines has been changed a bit for a machine for pigs. The minimum system requirements are a little blown out of proportion and I would recommend that you only use it as a reference point. Also there is little to no one who owns a nvidia gefoce 200 series card which means the minimum system requirements are a little funky. I would say in my complete and humble opinion that a 520 and anything above that might get good frames when graphics are lowest. My 620 runs the game fine but with some hitches here and there ( not sure if its due to low optimization or not). What is your GPU and processor. The GPU. Is the one thing that will be the bottleneck but there are times the processor will bottleneck the performance as well.
09-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Find
alus992 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: game stutters (freezes for short time)

I understand that hardwere req are higher then ATDD, but You can't blame users PCs for this stuttering, when it only occurs when something is loaded in the background without any action on the screen. If someone from EA told me that my PC is to weak to handle BF3 i could understand that but there are huge explosions, many particle effects, debris etc in every moment of the game. In AAMFP we start in the bedroom with just a few furnitures and thats all, next we move on to the corridor with paitings, next another room with all static furnitures with couple movable objects so its impossible that PCs which can handle Splinter Cell Blacklist with medium/high settings can't provide smooth gamplay for AAMFP.

For me there is no difference between high and low settings in AAMFP. I mean quality of the graphic are better etc but there is no lag, no frames are dropped the game itself is smooth but it still stutters in every another room.

No hate just tryin' to understand why there is a such problem for many players with nice PCs.
Still waiting for some better solution then cfg sound changes, maybe a patch?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM by alus992.)
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
CalinTM Offline

Threads: 6

(09-10-2013, 03:49 PM)Doomed316 Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 03:39 PM)CalinTM Wrote: I have freezes too, loaded the dark descent and i don't have freezes in that one.

TDD was not as demanding as a machine for pigs. Though they both should run on old machines, the definition for old machines has been changed a bit for a machine for pigs. The minimum system requirements are a little blown out of proportion and I would recommend that you only use it as a reference point. Also there is little to no one who owns a nvidia gefoce 200 series card which means the minimum system requirements are a little funky. I would say in my complete and humble opinion that a 520 and anything above that might get good frames when graphics are lowest. My 620 runs the game fine but with some hitches here and there ( not sure if its due to low optimization or not). What is your GPU and processor. The GPU. Is the one thing that will be the bottleneck but there are times the processor will bottleneck the performance as well.

I run on 680 at 1240mhz and a 3770k at 4.5ghz, it's not the PC i think its the game and needs patched.
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Find
SpaceJesus55 Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago Frame-rate issues...

Okay so here is my rig

EVGA GTX 660Ti
16GB of DDR3 RAM
AMD 8350 4.2GHz

I can run the game at 60 frames per second on max, however, if I look too closely at the wallpaper in the game, or a door, my frame-rate will plummet down to about 32... Not that 32 is a bad frame-rate, but the disruption between the two numbers is highly noticeable and annoying. I can't play for more than a minute without seeing it happen.

I've turned off smoothing, parallax mapping, and SSAO... No success.

Any ideas? Anyone else have these problems??
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Find
zolferno Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Frame-rate issues...

(09-10-2013, 04:42 PM)SpaceJesus55 Wrote: Okay so here is my rig

EVGA GTX 660Ti
16GB of DDR3 RAM
AMD 8350 4.2GHz

I can run the game at 60 frames per second on max, however, if I look too closely at the wallpaper in the game, or a door, my frame-rate will plummet down to about 32... Not that 32 is a bad frame-rate, but the disruption between the two numbers is highly noticeable and annoying. I can't play for more than a minute without seeing it happen.

I've turned off smoothing, parallax mapping, and SSAO... No success.

Any ideas? Anyone else have these problems??
I think its due to how they coded it and when your looking at an entity - this is an issue they could fix in an upcoming patch maybe
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
SpaceJesus55 Offline

Hey guys! I think I have a solution for the huge frame-rate drops. If you have a high-end PC, and you find yourself running the game at 60 FPS, but watch it randomly drop down into the 30's after you go through a door, or look closely at a detailed object (can be doors, chairs, or even the wall) then hopefully this will help you.

IT'S ALL SSAO. You don't HAVE to turn it completely off, but reduce the samples to 16 or below (I run it at 4) and turn the SSAO resolution to medium. This fixed my problem and now the game runs at 60 fps without any drops... As far as the stuttering goes for new areas, I have no clue.

Anyway - hope this helped guys.
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3

(09-10-2013, 04:08 PM)CalinTM Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 03:49 PM)Doomed316 Wrote:

I run on 680 at 1240mhz and a 3770k at 4.5ghz, it's not the PC i think its the game and needs patched.

It's clearly optimization issues then. I have seen video of frame drops everywhere in the game. My frame rate is at 60 on low setting and low resolution but now I only get stuttering. It takes the immersion away. Although the game has been thus far it is that annoying brick wall in the road known as stuttering that makes getting immersed difficult

(09-10-2013, 05:06 PM)SpaceJesus55 Wrote: Hey guys! I think I have a solution for the huge frame-rate drops. If you have a high-end PC, and you find yourself running the game at 60 FPS, but watch it randomly drop down into the 30's after you go through a door, or look closely at a detailed object (can be doors, chairs, or even the wall) then hopefully this will help you.

IT'S ALL SSAO. You don't HAVE to turn it completely off, but reduce the samples to 16 or below (I run it at 4) and turn the SSAO resolution to medium. This fixed my problem and now the game runs at 60 fps without any drops... As far as the stuttering goes for new areas, I have no clue.

Anyway - hope this helped guys.
I did this with my shit system and it worked but the stuttering instead of going away was less intense. I don't understand how this game could be getting this low of performance with an engine that was so well optimized even a ati radeon 4200 HD could a game powered by it. It might be the upgrades they tossed into the engine making it more detailed but I honestly am not sure. There are areas of the game that have plenty of building and dust and crap flying around and the frames are stable. I then go to another room and then all of a sudden a stutter/hitch. The hitches do not show the frames going below 60 and overall the game is smooth if you can ignore the hitches. The hitches are not to the point were they occur every 5 seconds but rather occur when you enter into a new room which has nothing to really cause such an issue. The streaming in of sounds could cause hitches but if your hard drive is in no need of a defrag and it still hitches then that is an issue with the engine/game. Maybe poor optimization? All in all the game will run on any system it is the stuttering that is getting in everyone's way right now.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM by Doomed316.)
09-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Frame-rate issues...

I'm having the same issue. It should be running at 60fps constantly but it deeps to around 30-35 for no reason lots of times. It feels laggy at that time.
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago Game lags before an event is about to happen

This happens a lot in TDD too, right before an event is about to run in a script the game lags for a second and the fps dropped. How do I fix this?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Find
alus992 Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Game lags before an event is about to happen

As far as I know there is no 100% working solution for that. Ive posted many comments about this problem and Im still waiting for patch which fix this cuz i cant play a horror game when game stutters in every single new room and when new event is going to happen, new voice is gonna be heard:/

People tend to say that this is fault of PCs spect but even people with high-end PCs have the same issue. People from Poland have same problem but some of my friends with worse PCs don't.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 06:02 PM by alus992.)
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Find