Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Access Save Files
TheBik Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Unable to Access Save Files

Hello! Let me start off by saying that I'm not very experienced with running games on my PC, so I'm not sure how to address this problem.

I have been playing AAFMP today without any real issue, besides the fact that my internet was down for most of the day due to area maintenance, so the game was not connected to Steam (where I downloaded from). I was still able to play the game just fine, and was able to completely exit the game and go back to my last save without any problem.

When our internet finally reconnected, I went to start up the game, only to find that it didn't continue from my last save in the "pigline" level. Instead, it keeps putting me back in the "alley" level, the last save I made before the internet went down.

I can still find all my save files under the steam userdata folder for AAMFP, but I can't find any way to access them from the game menu, since they aren't under "load save".

At first I thought this was a steam issue, but after disconnecting from the internet to see if that would fix anything, the save files were still not accessible from the game. Is there somewhere I can copy these files to so I can access them?

I hope this makes sense, and any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
09-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Unable to Access Save Files

From what I could tell, "Save and Exit" doesn't make a separate load file. It saves one for when you pick "continue" in the main menu. Otherwise, it just holds autosaves. Have you tried just picking "Continue"?
09-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Find
TheBik Offline

(09-11-2013, 12:55 AM)Statyk Wrote: Have you tried just picking "Continue"?

Just clicking "Continue" only puts me back in "alley". I can see all the other autosaves listed in the folder on my computer, but the autosaves aren't available when I click "Load Saves" in the game menu.
09-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

can you take the last save you have and zip it (right-click on the file and send to->compressed folder) and then post it here?
09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Website Find
TheBik Offline

The issue has been solved. I managed to transfer the save files to Steam cloud and it started working again. Don't know why it was a problem before, but all is well now.
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Find