Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: DO not hold FrictionalGames responsible for this!!!

You've worded this like TheChineseRoom has committed a heinous crime.

You also act like everyone shares your opinion.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: DO not hold FrictionalGames responsible for this!!!

If you wish to voice an opinion on the game please do so here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22825.html

Please do it without attacking any of the developers, and instead try spelling out why you didn't like in a more well-mannered way.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Find
MonoxideDGK Offline

Threads: 2
What Is Frictional Games Feelings Towards All The Criticism For AMFP??

I am just curious as to how FG are feeling regarding all the mixed reactions to AMFP, coming from such gleaming, positive reviews from TDD. I know TCR had a huge influence in this as this game basically screams 'Dear Esther' but when it was all said and done did they really step back, look at AMFP and think "Yep, our Amnesia fan base is gonna be really happy with this." Where they nervous with taking such a different approach?

Taking a step back and looking over TDD to AMFP, I honestly cant see how they didn't know this would cause so many Amnesia fans to feel let down and unsatisfied as it basically took away most elements that made TDD great and unique in the first place...In saying that I do understand they may have wanted to try something different and add a new flavor but this game did not really add anything new. It basically just took away...
09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

RE: What Is Frictional Games Feelings Towards All The Criticism For AMFP??

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/19992...eloper.php

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM by samueljustice00.)
09-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

They read the forum posts attentively, then the camrea zooms out & they grin and are standing waist-down in a pile of coins.

And then the ducktales theme starts.
09-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

I think they were aware, that the game will not fit for everyone and that there will be mixed critics. But I think it's also important for a game to try something new. With AAMFP they set the focus to another element of the game. In TDD it was the survival aspect and the fear. In AAMFP it was the story, atmosphere and the dread which set the mood.

You can read Thomas Grips opinion to AAMFP in a tweet a few weeks ago:

"Played #aamfp from start to end for first time. Started out slow and then got increasingly fucked up and awesome. Way better than expected."
09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3

(09-12-2013, 03:08 PM)droog Wrote: I think they were aware, that the game will not fit for everyone and that there will be mixed critics. But I think it's also important for a game to try something new. With AAMFP they set the focus to another element of the game. In TDD it was the survival aspect and the fear. In AAMFP it was the story, atmosphere and the dread which set the mood.

You can read Thomas Grips opinion to AAMFP in a tweet a few weeks ago:

"Played #aamfp from start to end for first time. Started out slow and then got increasingly fucked up and awesome. Way better than expected."

This game is not for everyone. The scares went away when I got to the middle of the game and it just turned into a thriller like Allen Wake. It was okay but I am glad to support the Chinese room and frictional games
09-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Find
MonoxideDGK Offline

"We felt that there was a huge interest in the game, but also knew we did not have an interest ourselves to sit down and try to figure out what a good next Amnesia would be," Frictional's Jens Nilsson tells me.

That quote from the article basically screams "CBF...Couldn't care...Just make it and pay us" to me.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 03:16 PM by MonoxideDGK.)
09-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-12-2013, 03:16 PM)MonoxideDGK Wrote: "We felt that there was a huge interest in the game, but also knew we did not have an interest ourselves to sit down and try to figure out what a good next Amnesia would be," Frictional's Jens Nilsson tells me.

That quote from the article basically screams "CBF...Couldn't care...Just make it and pay us" to me.

I believe that Frictional themselves are more focused/interested right now in creating their secret project which from the sound of it will be something completely different.

So since they didn't want to devote themselves to Amnesia, because they were already working on something else they decided to ask chineseroom if they wanted to do a take on the Amnesia world as a experiment of sorts to see where they could take it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Find
MonoxideDGK Offline

(09-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 03:16 PM)MonoxideDGK Wrote: "We felt that there was a huge interest in the game, but also knew we did not have an interest ourselves to sit down and try to figure out what a good next Amnesia would be," Frictional's Jens Nilsson tells me.

I believe that Frictional themselves are more focused/interested right now in creating their secret project which from the sound of it will be something completely different.

So since they didn't want to devote themselves to Amnesia, because they were already working on something else they decided to ask chineseroom if they wanted to do a take on the Amnesia world as a experiment of sorts to see where they could take it.

Yeh, I suppose you are right...It still looks to me that AMFP was 'only' made on a business stand point. Not because the passion was there to make it...

Really looking forward to this new project as it seems the passion will be there =)
09-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Find