Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

major lag on Requiem
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago major lag on Requiem

Hello finally ive got Requiem but the lag on it is unbelievable...

If i remember, in Overture or Black Plague i didn't have problems like this! I mean i made it to level 3 on Requiem and every room is lagging. Ive set the configuration like the others, in the lowest resolution, putting only static shadow, medium effects/texture...but still the game frame isn't good..

Can someone tell me other options to set to lower or something like it?
Or this is a Requiem problem?

Thanks
08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Find
ThePhoenix Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: major lag on Requiem

Im_Sexy Wrote:Hello finally ive got Requiem but the lag on it is unbelievable...

If i remember, in Overture or Black Plague i didn't have problems like this! I mean i made it to level 3 on Requiem and every room is lagging. Ive set the configuration like the others, in the lowest resolution, putting only static shadow, medium effects/texture...but still the game frame isn't good..

Can someone tell me other options to set to lower or something like it?
Or this is a Requiem problem?

Thanks

Might be your PC hardware. I had it on max settings and had no issues.
08-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

the expansion tries to push the engine as far as it can go, levels are larger, more detailed and contains more light sources than the penumbra games. it is more demanding so if possible try lowering the settings even further.

Turn of bloom and post effects and change trilinear to bilinear.
08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Website Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

jens Wrote:the expansion tries to push the engine as far as it can go, levels are larger, more detailed and contains more light sources than the penumbra games. it is more demanding so if possible try lowering the settings even further.

Yeah so i kinda gave my money for a test to get my PC to lag as hell?Yeah that was really sweet...
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Im_Sexy Offline

jens Wrote:the expansion tries to push the engine as far as it can go, levels are larger, more detailed and contains more light sources than the penumbra games. it is more demanding so if possible try lowering the settings even further.

there are all set to low. It still lags. ITS Requiems problem, not my computer. Has you can see im not the only one complaining about this.
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Im_Sexy Wrote:

there are all set to low. It still lags. ITS Requiems problem, not my computer. Has you can see im not the only one complaining about this.

Yeah we know i saw another post about the problem...
08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Im_Sexy Offline

this makes the game even worst. Its really unplayable.
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Im_Sexy Wrote:this makes the game even worst. Its really unplayable.

That was a really fast response :O hehehe Big Grin.But as amazing as it might sounds i finished it with the lag especially the last level had some major lag >. <.I'm really starting to hate the game!
08-29-2008, 08:16 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you get lag problem after playing a couple of levels, could you try loading a level directly and see if that helps? Could give useful clues.

See here for instructions: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2469
08-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Website Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

jens Wrote:If you get lag problem after playing a couple of levels, could you try loading a level directly and see if that helps? Could give useful clues.

See here for instructions: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2469

Yes!It really worked i had no lag!Perhaps It's in the savegames :/ or something...We know what's the problem now we gotta wait for a patch heehehe.
08-31-2008, 07:18 PM