Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
!IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues
CalinTM Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

This patch doesn't update automatically by steam ?
09-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Find
fuckyoufrictional Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

Doesn't work for me it come an error that says: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN>

I spend my money in you're game guys if I can't play at least give me my money back or better SOLVE MY PROBLEM know I'm a very angry customer by now I TRY ALL YOU'RE ''FIXES'' please do something guys. -.-

Attached Files
.png   daadadw.PNG (Size: 16.67 KB / Downloads: 173)
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Guys when a crash occurs please remember to attach the HPL.log file as well.
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Find
fuckyoufrictional Offline

WE SPEND MONEY ON THEY'RE GAME WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET ANGRY !
09-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

Perhaps, but you aren't going to get much help unless you post the log file from Documents\Amnesia\Pig\HPL.log. We need information in order to diagnose crashes.
09-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

I finally figured out why the sound fails sometimes. When the sound updater is being created the SDL_CreateThread function is called before SDL_CreateMutex. The updater thread starts running before the mutex is created, so the call to SDL_LockMutex is passed a NULL pointer. This is where it gets tricky: sometimes the mutex is finished being created before SDL_UnlockMutex is called in the updater. This makes the next call to SDL_LockMutex in the updater block, stopping sound from playing. When the mutex has not yet been created by the time SDL_UnlockMutex is called it has no issues.

TLDR: Essentially the SDL_CreateMutex call needs to be moved ahead of the SDL_CreateThread call when creating the sound updater if my debugging is correct.

EDIT2: Scratch EDIT1, I just had missed a few instructions when moving stuff around. I moved the CreateMutex call above the CreateThread call by moving and fixing up the hex bytecode. I've tried the executable thoroughly and it no longer has the no sound/hanging issue anymore, both with hardware and software. Will this fix be incorporated into the next patch?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM by someone972.)
09-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Find
eskrow Offline

Threads: 2

---------------------------
aamfp_sdl2.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

People are saying to delete MSVCP100.dll from the game folder, but it's not in there?!?
09-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Try downloading this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328 or this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=14632
09-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Website Find
larz1234 Offline

Threads: 1

(09-11-2013, 09:08 PM)nebej Wrote: http://thedarkswarm.com/downloads/public..._patch.zip

Here is a new test patch that should fix problems with dlls and should also fix the issue with crash at startup that people had yesterday.

If the game was crashing yesterday and the new steam patch fixed it for you. Could you please test this new patch as well, so that we are sure that it does not bring back the crash.

Download the zip, unpack it and then move the aamfp_sdl2.exe and sdl2.dll to the game folder, where the aamfp.exe is located. You can find this location by right-clicking on the game in Steam, pick properties, go to the last tab and then click browse local files.

The test patch does not work for me. I still cannot play because of the OpenAl error I keep getting when I try to launch the game. I have tried everything I can find to get it working but nothing is helping. The new launcher included in the test patch does not help at all. Is there a new patch in the works for crash at startup?
09-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Find
Alienguardian Offline

Hi, the test patch also does not work for me, and the game crashes a fraction of a second after the Steam loading window comes up.
I'm also unable to find an HPL.log file for the game anywhere on my computer; all I can find is "launcher.log" .
Any suggestions?

I'm running a 32-bit Windows XP system with a Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT graphics card.
09-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Find