Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
!IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

http://thedarkswarm.com/downloads/public..._patch.zip

Here is a new test patch that should fix problems with dlls and should also fix the issue with crash at startup that people had yesterday.

If the game was crashing yesterday and the new steam patch fixed it for you. Could you please test this new patch as well, so that we are sure that it does not bring back the crash.

Download the zip, unpack it and then move the aamfp_sdl2.exe and sdl2.dll to the game folder, where the aamfp.exe is located. You can find this location by right-clicking on the game in Steam, pick properties, go to the last tab and then click browse local files.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 09:27 PM by jens.)
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was in class at college.

I started by doing a fresh install of the game from steam since I had been mucking around with files. You may already know this (haven't gone through the forum) but it when run it says that MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP100.dll, and XINPUT1_3.dll are all invalid Windows dlls. This happens with both the patch and the current Steam version. Removing those files and letting it use my system version works fine. The current Steam patch fixed the crash I was having and I saw no immediate issues.

The patch linked above ran after removing the bad dlls, but has a new issue on my computer. It does not crash on startup, but when you get to the menu there is no sound and when you exit the menu the game hangs on a black screen and I have to end the process manually. Here is the HPL.log. Here is main_settings.cfg.

EDIT: It may be worth mentioning that I also ran the current Steam version after replacing the SDL2.dll, and it still started fine, had sound, and exited properly.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention that I'm running 32-bit Windows XP atm.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM by someone972.)
09-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Find
eskrow Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

I tried to run this and got

---------------------------
aamfp_sdl2.exe - System Error
The program can't start because zlibwapi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

How can everything you do be so consistently wrong?
09-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(09-12-2013, 06:36 AM)eskrow Wrote: I tried to run this and got

aamfp_sdl2.exe - System Error
The program can't start because zlibwapi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

How can everything you do be so consistently wrong?
There will be a fix for this. And stop trying to humiliate Frictional Games, we do not allow badasses here.

Which developer of a company (Ubisoft, Activision..) gave you technical support himself? No one. Because when you have a problem with the game, Activision and Ubisoft owners, they are busy to enjoy the money that they earn.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM by summit.)
09-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Find
eskrow Offline

Threads: 2

To my knowledge this is the first game I have purchased from a well known distributor that just wouldn't start despite numerous conflicting "fixes" floating around in the ether.

If any company released any product of this quality and did not feel humiliated I would never buy from them again.

Ubisoft and Activision both offer ways to get personalized support. But you make a good point about the money, I wonder if Steam will let me refund amfp?
09-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

If you put the exe in the correct directory, then it shouldn't be giving you that error unless you do not have all the files. I'm assuming here that you are running the Steam version. Reinstalling or perhaps verifying the game cache should fix the problem. You should be able to see zlibwapi.dll in the same directory as the executable.
09-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(09-12-2013, 06:51 AM)eskrow Wrote: To my knowledge this is the first game I have purchased from a well known distributor that just wouldn't start despite numerous conflicting "fixes" floating around in the ether.

If any company released any product of this quality and did not feel humiliated I would never buy from them again.

Ubisoft and Activision both offer ways to get personalized support. But you make a good point about the money, I wonder if Steam will let me refund amfp?
No. I wasn't talking about Frictional Games. I was talking about Ubisoft and Activision. When you have a problem, the owners of Ubisoft and Activision is busy to enjoy the money that they owned.
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Find
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8

someone972 could you try and setting the Sound Device to software in the settings and then running the new exe?
09-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15

It worked! Big Grin
09-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

I tried running the new executable both with hardware and software sound (hardware is unsupported and not listed in launcher/game, but setting the config to 0 lets me select it). Both ways it has no sound and hangs at exit.

Interestingly enough, I tried doing hardware on the old exe and it worked the first time I ran it, but now exhibits the same behavior even after switching to software again. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps it's just an issue with my sound card, although the original exe had no problems running the software before.

EDIT: Now the old exe is working again without any problems running off software, without me having to restart or anything. The new exe still hangs however.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM by someone972.)
09-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Find