Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does this game actually gets scary at some point?
SurvivalHorror Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Does this game actually gets scary at some point?

Yes it does. By the end of the game you'll be positively terrified about how pretentious false marketing lured you in hook line and sinker. I know I was.
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

I thought it was pretty damn scary in the factory part (when you replace fuses to open doors), I have my gamma around 0.85 I think and it made it really dark and tense.

09-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

The game gets damn scary later on. And the story is just WOW. I love this game Smile But it only gets scary if you're fully immersed. Otherwise I can't see how any game would be scary.

My mod Amadeus
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Scary, or not is actually something that's quite subjective. You would be best served to play the game yourself, and determine if it's scary to YOU personally instead of taking in all these other people's opinions because they very well may be different from yours.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Find
Amnэsiac Offline

Threads: 0

Asking about it will only make the experience worse. You should play unpolluted by the opinions of others.
09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

This game never gets scary. Unless a slamming door, darkness, meat scattered throughout the game, and mediocre gameplay (and a lackluster story) scares you.
09-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(09-12-2013, 02:15 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: This game never gets scary. Unless a slamming door, darkness, meat scattered throughout the game, and mediocre gameplay (and a lackluster story) scares you.

I'm trying to imagine someone being scared by bad gameplay and storylines.Big Grin

But I thought the story was better than TDD. Less well executed in the game, but by itself better. In TDD you just went down to go kill Alexander. In machine for pigs you go down to a machine which you built yourself and don't know and to go rescue your kids and whatnot.
09-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Find
MonkEsquire Offline

Threads: 1

It doesn't.
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3

It starts to pick up after you get into the engine room ( there is so many engine rooms in this game I can't really say which engine room since there is so many engine rooms). All in all the games will scare you but it is more of the disturbing scary rather than then" holy monkey butts that thing is stocking me" type of scary. I will say the monsters don't despawn and they patrol around the map. When I said that they don't despawn I meant that the monster don't go away after you die nor do they disappear after you die. I also have to bring up you have regenerating health which isn't bad but I kinda liked hunting for health rather than goings full blown linear ( this is an opinion)
09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Find
xXDarkShadowXx Offline

Threads: 2

Yep, i just finished the game and it wasn't scary at all.
What a disappointment.

The puzzles were terribly easy because the only things you can move in this damn game are key items.
Whenever something "scary" is about to happen, the game lags a bit so it never actually surprises you.
The enemies are dumb as a rock and the lack of narration is pitiful.
Overall, it's a watered down version of Dark Descent.

In the end, nothing changed.
Even tho the gameplay suck, Fatal Frame II : Crimson Butterfly is still the scariest game ever created.
09-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Find