Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia A Machine For Pigs - What was your favorite part?
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
Amnesia A Machine For Pigs - What was your favorite part?

Now that I've finished AAMFP, I was thinking back to what my favorite part of the game was? Mine was when all the pigs invaded the city.

Now, what was your favorite part?
09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia A Machine For Pigs - What was your favorite part?

The pig encounters were genuinely intense for me.

I'm split between seeing them in their cells, the Tesla-Pig confrontation, and the Machine's final monologue. The first scene humanizes these poor beasts, driving home the fact that they are victims of the real monster i.e. the protagonist. Meanwhile, getting hunted down by an invisible beast in a blacked-out maze is terrifying - a good 'final confrontation' for a horror game, that's for sure.

And for a lover of history, drawing parallels between the supernaturally-compelled evils of Mandus with the horrors of our own past touched my heart in a way that I'd wished Bioshock Infinite had been brave enough to do. I'm sure many others possess a certain apprehensiveness about our future. This scene was certainly aided by the brilliant voice-work and the accompanying song.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

It is very hard for me to pick a favourite part, it was all good. It might be the ending, because it felt very emotional for me, despite me not grasping all the details of the story just yet. Entering and descending into the factory was also horrifying, mostly because I felt the swift creatures easily could finish me off if they really wanted to.

I also want to mention the starting/mansion/house parts of the game, because at this point, I felt I was being watched, but at the same time, I felt it might just be me. The mansion and house areas felt old and haunted, and it really got to me. I felt anything could happen right around the corner, and for me it built up a rich atmosphere of suspense, anticipation of unknown dangers and helplessness.

My favourite part might be those very starting areas, but I feel picking favourites is very hard. =)

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 09:47 PM by Diz.)
09-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

The part with those 6 coil boilers and turning on the machine. I was so fucking impressed with the moment when that fucking huge gorgeous machine came to life. It's just unforgettable, the sound, the animations of all those mechanisms, the whole location design... etc. Just unforgettable, my favorite part without any doubts.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 10:10 PM by Alex Ros.)
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Website Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

So far they've been:

Spoiler below!
realizing that the mansion had spaces between the walls for his voyeuristic studies. This and the drawings I found while inside the walls were also disturbing. Really said a lot of Mandus. The first encounter with one of the pig things was also terrifying. I heard that squeal and i stopped in the middle of refueling the canister and sprinted into a room and waited. Awesome stuff.
09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Find
Tyguy Offline

Threads: 1

The first time I saw the manpigs would be mine. I purposely didn't watch any videos or look at any type of media for this game so I had no idea what I'd be up against. After hearing one I ducked into the shadows and waited. It got louder and louder and then I saw it. A limping, seemingly asthmatic pig dressed in scraps, with what I thought was a baseball bat. Oh shit.
After that it just sorta became routine but that moment is what sticks out.
09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
Pork Offline

Threads: 0

The end credits.

But the very beginning was decent enough, too.
09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
Juvat Offline

Threads: 0

(09-12-2013, 10:07 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: The part with those 6 coil boilers and turning on the machine. I was so fucking impressed with the moment when that fucking huge gorgeous machine came to life. It's just unforgettable, the sound, the animations of all those mechanisms, the whole location design... etc. Just unforgettable, my favorite part without any doubts.
This was the best part for me, for I was still expecting scares like TDD. The machine was so loud I could not hear anything but the machine. When the machine came on I hid in a room with the sliding doors thinking I saw something through the glass. Sadly this level was not fully utilized and the monsters came AFTER I passed the thunderous noise from the machine parts.
09-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
frictionalfan Offline

Threads: 2

I loved the events following the turning on of the machine. I was worried that the game had ended until Mandus was transported to the first control room where you begin sabotaging the machinery. Every time he regenerated to another location was both frightening and exciting; I loved that mystical aspect of it.

More specifically there was an area of the sewage level where you're walking across a catwalk and I remember seeing a red-ish fog as I approached a paralleling catwalk which then faded. A few seconds later I was climbing a ladder and I saw a quick flash of something directly in front of me and heard a sharp piano note.

I haven't been able to explain that; did you guys notice it too?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 11:16 PM by frictionalfan.)
09-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-12-2013, 11:15 PM)frictionalfan Wrote: More specifically there was an area of the sewage level where you're walking across a catwalk and I remember seeing a red-ish fog as I approached a paralleling catwalk which then faded. A few seconds later I was climbing a ladder and I saw a quick flash of something directly in front of me and heard a sharp piano note.

I haven't been able to explain that; did you guys notice it too?

I only played through the game once so far, and noticed that only the half split second it appeared.

I think it looked like a pig monster.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Find