Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm stupid, but i need to ask..
katastrofen Offline

Threads: 1
I'm stupid, but i need to ask..

I'm sorry for being stupid, but i need to ask.. Before i do, i just wanna say that i did finish AAMFP, twice, trying to read every note.. But i still don't get it!

Spoiler below!

Oswald Mandus returns from a disasterous expedition in Mexico, and wakes up in fever.. What did he discover there, as he says "Yes.. I seem to have picked up something rather nasty in Mexico" Must have missed something..

He is the one who created the machine? Is it the machine that talks the entire gameplay, even calls you along the gameplay?

Also, he slaughters humans, who then turns in to pigs? On Steam is says that the game contain one of the darkest, most horrific storys ever told in a game.. ?

Yet again, extremly sorry for my questions, feel so stupid, almost didn't want to post this, but i wanted to know so bad!
09-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Find
Vertical Offline

RE: I'm stupid, but i need to ask..

(09-13-2013, 12:39 AM)katastrofen Wrote: I'm sorry for being stupid, but i need to ask.. Before i do, i just wanna say that i did finish AAMFP, twice, trying to read every note.. But i still don't get it!

Spoiler below!

Oswald Mandus returns from a disasterous expedition in Mexico, and wakes up in fever.. What did he discover there, as he says "Yes.. I seem to have picked up something rather nasty in Mexico" Must have missed something..

He is the one who created the machine? Is it the machine that talks the entire gameplay, even calls you along the gameplay?

Also, he slaughters humans, who then turns in to pigs? On Steam is says that the game contain one of the darkest, most horrific storys ever told in a game.. ?

Yet again, extremly sorry for my questions, feel so stupid, almost didn't want to post this, but i wanted to know so bad!

Spoiler below!
Although he, indeed, literally picked up something in Mexico, this response was rather another way of saying: "I got sick".

Yes, he had created the machine. About, whether it is the machine speaking or not, it's still an unknown.

At first he slaughtered only pigs, then humans, only later he'd discovered that re-shaping humans and pigs into one being is possible, so he used some of the "products" for this conversion.
09-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Find
katastrofen Offline

(09-13-2013, 12:48 AM)Vertical Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 12:39 AM)katastrofen Wrote: I'm sorry for being stupid, but i need to ask.. Before i do, i just wanna say that i did finish AAMFP, twice, trying to read every note.. But i still don't get it!

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
Although he, indeed, literally picked up something in Mexico, this response was rather another way of saying: "I got sick".

Yes, he had created the machine. About, whether it is the machine speaking or not, it's still an unknown.

At first he slaughtered only pigs, then humans, only later he'd discovered that re-shaping humans and pigs into one being is possible, so he used some of the "products" for this conversion.

Spoiler below!

Well, that explains the part about him picking up something nasty.

So it may not be the machine? I was so sure about that is actually was the machine talking..

Also, i guess the chldren did die.. or they got slaghtered? Tongue

-- Sorry for poor english :3

09-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Find
Vertical Offline

(09-13-2013, 12:58 AM)katastrofen Wrote:
Spoiler below!

So it may not be the machine? I was so sure about that is actually was the machine talking..

Spoiler below!
There's a whole spectrum of things that could've been talking to Mandus during the game: the machine itself, the enginner, his own self (due to a mental disorder or a supernatural affection, or even both) as a separate, autonomous being or just as "yet another voice in his head" Smile.

Mandus had killed his children "to spare them from the upcoming terrors of the world" - when and where? That's what a lot of us is wondering about.
09-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

I believe it was the machine talking. Not sure who through though, whoever was in the coffin at the end. Possibly the professor.

As for the children, they were sacrificed by Mandus ripping their hearts out so that they would avoid the horrors of the "coming century." The antagonist, in his final monologue, says something about seeing them dead along a particular river. I believe he's saying they'll die in WWI/WWII, and to avoid their fate, Mandus killed them himself to protect them.

09-13-2013, 01:14 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

(09-13-2013, 01:08 AM)Vertical Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
There's a whole spectrum of things that could've been talking to Mandus during the game: the machine itself, the enginner, his own self (due to a mental disorder or a supernatural affection, or even both) as a separate, autonomous being or just as "yet another voice in his head" Smile.

Mandus had killed his children "to spare them from the upcoming terrors of the world" - when and where? That's what a lot of us is wondering about.

Spoiler below!
Mandus sees his children die during Battle Of Somme
09-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Find
katastrofen Offline

(09-13-2013, 01:14 AM)bluel0bster Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

I believe it was the machine talking. Not sure who through though, whoever was in the coffin at the end. Possibly the professor.

As for the children, they were sacrificed by Mandus ripping their hearts out so that they would avoid the horrors of the "coming century." The antagonist, in his final monologue, says something about seeing them dead along a particular river. I believe he's saying they'll die in WWI/WWII, and to avoid their fate, Mandus killed them himself to protect them.

Spoiler below!
Wow.. Did Mandus rip their hearts out? Is this why u see them as kind of ghosts ripping their hearts out? U understand my question?

09-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Find