Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Copyrighted material.
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
Question about Copyrighted material.

So yeah I was just wondering if all the assets/music will be "royalty free" or are we going to have to buy the tracks/models if we'd like to use them in upcoming amnesia mods.

Was a bit unsure because FG is not the main developer this time and TCR may have a different "terms of use" agreement.

Also you can buy Jessica currys tracks for around 1£ each.

So finally could someone link me the license agreement on this?
I would most certainly appreciate it.

- Inactive account -
09-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Question about Copyrighted material.

Of course you can use the assets for a custom story, it's an Amnesia game made on behalf of FG. It would be illegal to take the models and upload them to a site like turbosquid and sell them off as your own. It would also be illegal to take the assets, music or whatever and make your own game with them. If you're using the models or music in any way that makes you money (without permission) you will be in trouble.
09-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Find
morgan99 Offline

Threads: 0

There are a lottoff German influences in the game. Also, when going under the church, there's a 1 minue monologue (in German I think) from a captor in one of the cages.
09-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-14-2013, 08:01 AM)morgan99 Wrote: There are a lottoff German influences in the game. Also, when going under the church, there's a 1 minue monologue (in German I think) from a captor in one of the cages.

What no he said can AAMFP assets be used in ATDD Custom stories.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

(09-14-2013, 02:33 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: Of course you can use the assets for a custom story, it's an Amnesia game made on behalf of FG. It would be illegal to take the models and upload them to a site like turbosquid and sell them off as your own. It would also be illegal to take the assets, music or whatever and make your own game with them. If you're using the models or music in any way that makes you money (without permission) you will be in trouble.

Yes but I was focusing mainly on the music. Jessica is taking charge for her songs so I thought that those belong to TCR and not FG?

http://jessicacurry.bandcamp.com/album/a...e-for-pigs "Buy Now £1 GBP or more"

Click on a song and you'll see...

- Inactive account -
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 09:24 AM by Artyom.)
09-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

It's the same for Mikko Tarmia's music. Better make sure and ask TCR, but I think they'll be more than happy that people use their assets (and their music).
09-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(09-14-2013, 09:19 AM)Zandrojakov Wrote: Yes but I was focusing mainly on the music. Jessica is taking charge for her songs so I thought that those belong to TCR and not FG?

http://jessicacurry.bandcamp.com/album/a...e-for-pigs "Buy Now £1 GBP or more"

Click on a song and you'll see...

That's just the place you purchase the OST. Again, if you use the music in Amnesia custom stories it doesn't matter, if you're taking the music without permission and using it in a way that earns you money then you'll be in trouble.

Other than that all of the music is easy to access through the game's folders, if you're using them outside of Amnesia you'd be better off asking first if you're using the for custom stories I fail to see how that is illegal.
09-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

Yeah I'm a hundred percent aware of how to create mods etc. But I just wanted to make sure...

- Inactive account -
09-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I wouldn't claim that music not included in the patch would be perfectly all right to use in custom stories. Copyright laws would still apply. After all, it would be obvious that any exclusion means that they wanted it to be separate.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I'd sent an email to Jessica and ask her.

09-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Website Find