Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
RE: DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

(09-14-2013, 10:55 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 10:48 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 06:41 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: However, I can imagine that DamnNoHtml will undoubtedly try to make some sort of continuation, such as what he did with Amnesia: Through the Portal.

Pretty doubtful. I barely see AMFP as a sequel to Amnesia. The very brief connections involving Alexander, vitae, and the Orb I feel were just there to say "Hey this is Amnesia related guys." I still like AMFP, but not as an Amnesia sequel.

Sequels don't need the same character and setting - more a continuation of the themes, style and same broad framework (Lovecraftian horror).

I think a lot of people were wanting more of the same, rather than something new.

That sounds more like a spiritual sequel (Like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus). Same world, same themes, different characters.

In most cases, sequels further an already existing story, not make a completely new one with very, very few references to the original story.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

(09-14-2013, 11:05 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 10:55 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 10:48 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 06:41 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: However, I can imagine that DamnNoHtml will undoubtedly try to make some sort of continuation, such as what he did with Amnesia: Through the Portal.

Pretty doubtful. I barely see AMFP as a sequel to Amnesia. The very brief connections involving Alexander, vitae, and the Orb I feel were just there to say "Hey this is Amnesia related guys." I still like AMFP, but not as an Amnesia sequel.

Sequels don't need the same character and setting - more a continuation of the themes, style and same broad framework (Lovecraftian horror).

I think a lot of people were wanting more of the same, rather than something new.

That sounds more like a spiritual sequel (Like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus). Same world, same themes, different characters.

In most cases, sequels further an already existing story, not make a completely new one with very, very few references to the original story.

As far as I was concerned, A Machine For Pigs' few references to Brennenburg and Vitae actually stuck out to me as contrived fan service. Then again, for an uninitiated player those words may not have any more meaning...
09-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Find