Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Why remove the trailer scenes?
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
RE: Why remove the trailer scenes?

(09-21-2013, 12:38 AM)RMJ Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 05:59 PM)jeVonns Wrote: alright i've had this project which is basically recreating the levels of the trailers, I'm calling it Amnesia - This Industrialized World.

I Can't do much until the update is out.

That sounds pretty awesome, if that is possible.

Hopefully it is.

The International Narcotics Traffic
09-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

In the first trailer. You can see a engineer breaking down the door.

But that room is auctally the cellar! :O So that is not removed but the manpig is just not added in the cellar :/

10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

i cant believe this thread exists, what even blows my mind is for how long its stretching

Seriously guys, it's common sense. They didn't want to spoil the game by doing that. Player sees the familiar area from the trailer, in which the monster appears so what surprise is there? none. It would be cheap to do that.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Find
Blue Machine Offline

Threads: 0

trailer scenes are better than all the game Smile

[Image: Ree6LNP.jpg]
:( AmNeSiA a MaChInE fOr DeAr EsThEr :(
10-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

(10-08-2013, 01:17 PM)Dogfood Wrote: i cant believe this thread exists, what even blows my mind is for how long its stretching

Seriously guys, it's common sense. They didn't want to spoil the game by doing that. Player sees the familiar area from the trailer, in which the monster appears so what surprise is there? none. It would be cheap to do that.

Yeah. It made sense to me. I thought it was successful in setting that up. When I recognized the basement from the trailer, I got terrified. Especially when the light started flickering. I kept hiding when I saw that happen. Expecting the monster to start breaking down the door. But nothing happened.

I would have liked the cage room to be as dark and scary as the trailer. But I don't feel cheated. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and was effectively scared by the few encounters it did have.
10-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

As much I liked the game (and as scary as it was), I got to admit that the trailer bits were way better than anything in the actual game. When I saw the cage bit I thought "Shit .. it's going to be 'worse' than TDD", but oh well ..
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 09:59 PM by Sampyli.)
10-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I'm not disappointed they removed the trailer scenes... but I'm disappointed there weren't any encounters that were scary like the trailer scenes. The monster breaking down the door felt like good old Amnesia (which is sorta wasn't, not in a bad way), and the cage scene reminiscent of the cellar under the church sincerely made me recede into my chair when I watched for the first time.

I just wish they didn't raise our expectations and shoot them down like that, that's all. Still a great game.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(09-17-2013, 07:31 AM)jens Wrote:
Spoiler below!

There is a pig encounter in the cage area. Not the "scene pig" but an actual encounter. You get the encounter depending on how you play after having been there the first time.

Just like to announce that I found that encounter while replaying some this evening.
In order to get it you must after having been through both the holding pens and freezer ish area(dont remember what its called), Not start the spinning/mixing mechanism. Instead go back in through the holding pens and you should hear a wretch appearing some place behind you.

I also noticed that this seems to be one of the only encounters in the game, if not the only one, where you can get an enemy to beat down a door. That is if you let the Wretch see you then proceed out of the room and close the door behind you.
Unfortunately it does not get as cool as in the first trailer as the Wretch just insta kills the door. Though I did not check I am also pretty sure you cant enter and hide in the cages either.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 11:27 PM by WALP.)
10-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Tried out the secret Wretch encounter, and while very cool, after it smashes down the door, it turns into a poofer. If you're in the holding pens and it gets you, you die. If you're in the hall behind the door, it dissolves into a big splatter of blood like the children do in the hallucinations.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Find