Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread)
WISHBLADE Offline

Threads: 1
Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread)

Haven't seen one of these in the board.
I guess everyone's too busy either bashing the game or defending it..

Oh well...
Just as the title says: what was the scariest part of the game for you?

I'll start:
I was really scared and stressed at the part where you need to fill the gasoline container to move the vehicle and access the cemetery.

I place the container in the machine with the oil, spin the valve, it starts filling up, and suddenly..a little piggie starts coming down from the stairs....
I just started screaming C'MON FILL THE CONTAINER ALREADY DAMN IT, then took the item and ran like crazy never looking back lol.

So what's yours? It can be a note or a part of the story too
09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Scariest moment? (spoilerific thread)

Um, the same, actually. Except I didn't bother to finish filling before I ran. : P I made it all the way to the mini-storage area before I realized "Crap, I have to go back!"

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

The area after the church level was the only place where I was scared.
Can't remember what the area is called.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
09-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

For me it was the tesla pig part.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 11:31 AM by Draug.)
09-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

There was a part where I heard some sounds, but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I looked behind me, nothing, and then I turned right back around and the pigman was just standing right there. That gave me one of the biggest scares I've had.

Luckily it's been recorded and uploaded, but I won't post it here. Separate section for LPs.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 11:32 AM by Robby.)
09-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Website Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

When I filled a gas cannister and a pig banged on the door.

When I was in the cage area beneath the church.

Btw I didn't see any pig with the gas cannister? In the end it was just a harmless scare.
09-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Find
Avenger111 Offline

Threads: 0

The only thing that was slightly scary in this entire game was when I broke the glass of the regulator in the steam pressure room... All those pigs coming at once gave me a jump and a sense of urgency.

Over all this game was just boring. I never felt threatened, I felt very unimmersed, played through it in 6 hours going over every inch of the world and reading everything... Hoping to find a decent game experience, or to feel something. This was not an Amnesia game. Penumbra scared me far more than this game ever could. I have no idea what happened, the trailer looked awesome, but this... This was an un-scary travesty.

When I read the Chinese Room was to get their pretentious little hands on this I had a sinking feeling, but thought, "No, Frictional games will have to approve it, the only disappointment they have ever made was Requiem and that was just tech demo and wasn't meant to be considered Penumbra 3 and thus can be forgiven... No Frictional games wouldn't let the Chinese room ruin their latest cash cow... I'll take the chance and pre-order." Oh man was I wrong. Holy crap, they took a year to rework it and this is how it came out?! I just don't understand.

You haven't lost a customer. Truth be told, I'm still one of your biggest fans. I just hope you never let the Chinese Room touch your franchise again... I've played mods that were scarier than this pretentious pile.
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Any confrontation with the Pigs - the first encounter and the Tesla-Pigs stand out as particularly tense.
09-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

First actual encounter with the pig was amazing.
The way it first ran right across the screen, and I backed up like hell! I was so scared.

Then, being forced to face it, was even worse. It was also scary because it wasn't there to hurt me. It was limp, and it seemed some kind of natural that it was there... Very immersive

Trying is the first step to success.
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

Truth be told, the beasts inhabiting the factory didn't scare me much. The full realization and implications of Oswald's actions, however, shook my nerves (mostly resulting in a low grade nausea for awhile afterwards). Day four after finishing the game and I still haven't eaten meat. The last time I had such a visceral reaction from a video game was from the Dark Descent; and before that, never.
Meh. I'm a wimp, I guess.
09-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Find