Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Very Disappointed in Requiem
max_flax Offline

Threads: 1
Very Disappointed in Requiem

I have just completed Requiem and I am very upset and dissappointed with the expantion. According to the interviews I read, Requiem was suppost to tie episodes one and two together.

Requiem is nothing but a nine level obstical course with tedious puzzles being so hard it's rediculous. There is no story, no adventure, and no fun. The game ends with another rambling from Red and that's all there is.

I was hoping that there were going to be more computers to access, just like in Black Plague. Better yet, the game would be more fun if the player can access some web pages stored in the Santuary's computer server, just like in the game Dark Fall.

The only interesting level in the game was the surface base. And that's it.

So dissappointed.
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Very Disappointed in Requiem

Look, you gotta like puzzle games to play requiem, and the scripting was great.

Still ,look at it this way, would you rather keep playing b.p and overture and not know what requiem was about, or would you buy it and see what it's like?

Not an image
09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

max_flax Wrote:I have just completed Requiem and I am very upset and dissappointed with the expantion. According to the interviews I read, Requiem was suppost to tie episodes one and two together.

Requiem is nothing but a nine level obstical course with tedious puzzles being so hard it's rediculous. There is no story, no adventure, and no fun. The game ends with another rambling from Red and that's all there is.

I was hoping that there were going to be more computers to access, just like in Black Plague. Better yet, the game would be more fun if the player can access some web pages stored in the Santuary's computer server, just like in the game Dark Fall.

The only interesting level in the game was the surface base. And that's it.

So dissappointed.

You are with me. Waste really.
09-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Find
242 Offline

Threads: 2

max_flax Wrote:I have just completed Requiem and I am very upset and dissappointed with the expantion. According to the interviews I read, Requiem was suppost to tie episodes one and two together.

I can't imagine what you hoped for concerning tieing episodes one and two together?
It's all pretty clear as it is after Black Plague, and they're tied pretty well. From readables it's very clear who is every of the characters, what happened with them, etc.

I haven't played Requiem yet, but I just love HARD puzzles, so I guess I'll like it.
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

The game was only $10 dollars, so it was well worth it.
Plus if you actually paid attention, you would have figured out the general storyline.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Find
242 Offline

Threads: 2

Just finished it ~5.5 hrs, I liked it. Of course, it's worse than Overture and especially my favorite Black Plague, but it's a small add-on after all, not new chapter. Puzzles could be seriously harder though, they were pretty straightforward for the most part, I never thought hard or stuck.

Anyway, thanks for this little nice addition.
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Find
max_flax Offline

Tommy Gun Wrote:Look, you gotta like puzzle games to play requiem, and the scripting was great.

Still ,look at it this way, would you rather keep playing b.p and overture and not know what requiem was about, or would you buy it and see what it's like?

But Requim does not tell me anything about the story or any characters in the b.p. and overture. You only get random quotes by Red and that's all. therefore its a waste of time.

Also, solving puzzles if the Third reason I play these games. First and most of all, I love exploration. Secondly, I like interaction, which includes dialog and story.
09-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Find
max_flax Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:The game was only $10 dollars, so it was well worth it.
Plus if you actually paid attention, you would have figured out the general storyline.

yes I have figured out the general storyline. I just wanted more details and other tidbits about the characters and stuff going on in the background of the crisis.
09-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Find
barba Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

I hate requiem...............

--edit
banned for registering and posting 1 post to display a spam link in signature.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM by jens.)
09-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I think I beat Reqiuem in 2,5-3,5 hours.
I knew it was going to be "abstract" and more of a puzzle adventure, so I was expecting this, really. I thought it would be like the nightmare section of Black Plague, with the dog and arm puzzles. It really is how IGN sais it though: the levels are too loosely tied. You visit completely different areas by teleportation, bring no objects from one to another and there are even no enemies or other characters that follow you through the levels.
Some more character encounters and such would have made it better, look at Silent Hill 4. You visit several different worlds that have no relation whatsoever, save for the graphical styling. However, since there are notes, items, characters and enemies that follow you through all the worlds the game still feels tied together well.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Find