Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
everyone!
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: everyone!

(09-25-2013, 04:19 PM)Sampyli Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 11:00 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Don't compare to atdd!

Exactly. Most of the reviews/comments are pretty much something like "Not as scary as TDD" or "Didn't have *insert something the reviewer/commenter liked in TDD* so it sucks".

It's not a direct sequel. It's not "Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2".

About the oil and tinderbox system, people are saying TDD was so much better because you had to be conservative with those and it made it scary etc. Bollocks. If I remember correctly, you can get about ~10-15 bottles of oil and ~70 tinderboxes before the prison alone.

(I admit TDD is a lot more scary but that doesn't make AMFP any worse.)

I only ran out of tinderboxes because I was wittingly using them on everything just so I could bring the number down. The oil was pretty easy to conserve.

That reminds me.

No one has brought up how in AMFP the lantern being electric, and thus 'infinite', you can actually SEE the world. You can look around and enjoy the scenery, while in TDD it went something like:

"Ooh this looks interesting let me turn my lantern on. Oh wait, I forgot that this game uses the most useless oil in the world ."

But that's besides the point, nothing much to look at in TDD.
09-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
peablo Offline

Threads: 0
RE: everyone!

(09-25-2013, 10:07 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 04:19 PM)Sampyli Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 11:00 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Don't compare to atdd!

Exactly. Most of the reviews/comments are pretty much something like "Not as scary as TDD" or "Didn't have *insert something the reviewer/commenter liked in TDD* so it sucks".

It's not a direct sequel. It's not "Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2".

About the oil and tinderbox system, people are saying TDD was so much better because you had to be conservative with those and it made it scary etc. Bollocks. If I remember correctly, you can get about ~10-15 bottles of oil and ~70 tinderboxes before the prison alone.

(I admit TDD is a lot more scary but that doesn't make AMFP any worse.)

I only ran out of tinderboxes because I was wittingly using them on everything just so I could bring the number down. The oil was pretty easy to conserve.

That reminds me.

No one has brought up how in AMFP the lantern being electric, and thus 'infinite', you can actually SEE the world. You can look around and enjoy the scenery, while in TDD it went something like:

"Ooh this looks interesting let me turn my lantern on. Oh wait, I forgot that this game uses the most useless oil in the world ."

But that's besides the point, nothing much to look at in TDD.

really? im having it (i didnt finish the game yet) off all the time to avoid attracting monsters lol, I thought that was the reason why they didnt need to include the tinderbox system
09-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Find