Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiple colors! :O
Horror Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Multiple colors! :O

Hi
Ive just recently installed Penumbra: Overture and it went smoothly. After running the latest patch, I eagerly watched the opening storyline - very interesting!

My problem is though, on the first level literally everything is multicolored (alot of purple, pink, etc).

Screenshots:
[Image: s3o5ea.jpg]

[Image: 33ymerp.jpg]

[Image: 2j5fhnr.jpg]

What should I do? Ive installed all my drivers (display/sound) , patched Penumbra, reinstalling, and even playing around with the graphical settings. I can run it on max settings (cause it was max'd my default) so im stumped here guys. =|
09-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Multiple colors! :O

"Welcome to funky town!" Smile

On a more serious note: very strange graphical problem. First uninstall the drivers, reboot and then install the drivers again. This is to make sure that there is no strange setting in the graphics card and that the drivers are properly installed.

After that see if some program running in the background might be causing it. For example anti-virus, desktop enhancment, messenger. Turn them all off and run again.

Also, what graphics card do you have?
09-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Find
Horror Offline

Threads: 1

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset

Itt might be the reason why, but the video memory on it is 256MB (probably explains the maxed out settings as default?)

I think its probably not supported - Intel isnt really known for its video cards, heh.

If it isn't (most likely) will there be a patch release to support this shoddy card, or am I stuck with a half-game experience? =\

And yeah, disco fever in level 1..haha!
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Ah yeah that card won't work, it's almost amazing that the game even runs at all on it! For Intel cards what we have learned so far is that you'll need at least a X3000/X3100 card for it to work and the graphics in the 965 is less than that if wikipedia is a reliable source of information(har har).
09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Website Find