Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Display Driver Crash
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9
Level Editor Display Driver Crash

I'm having some trouble with the level editor. I haven't been using the editor since I upgraded to Windows 8, and I had no problems on Windows 7. I'm on a desktop PC, my drivers are updated.

At random times, everything will freeze up and the monitor restarts itself and gives me a "Display Driver has crashed" message. I've tried turning on Windows 7 compatibility but to no avail.

09-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Find
Paulpolska Offline

Threads: 29
RE: Level Editor Display Driver Crash

Problem with graphic card settings. In the past I have the similar problem.
If you have ATI graphic card go to the "Catalyst Control Center" go to "games" button and 3D Settings. Set application and options OpenGL dlls triple buffering and set all filltres to minimum after SAVE ALL. This very often help with old games on new windows. I used this with a lot of games on WIN 7 becouse I have big problems with crashes.

Game work good or too crashes ?

P.S: With Settings Efficiency <> Quality choose Quality

MY CUSTOM STORY - - STILL ALIVE - -
http://www.moddb.com/mods/still-alive
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 08:59 PM by Paulpolska.)
09-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

(09-30-2013, 08:57 PM)Paulpolska Wrote: Problem with graphic card settings. In the past I have the similar problem.
If you have ATI graphic card go to the "Catalyst Control Center" go to "games" button and 3D Settings. Set application and options OpenGL dlls triple buffering and set all filltres to minimum after SAVE ALL. This very often help with old games on new windows. I used this with a lot of games on WIN 7 becouse I have big problems with crashes.

Game work good or too crashes ?

P.S: With Settings Efficiency <> Quality choose Quality

I appreciate it, but it still doesn't help.

09-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It is possible that the Windows 8 driver may not be as good as the Windows 7 driver. This used to occur in Windows 7 before, but then a new driver was released where the issue was no longer experienced. But this was an issue last year.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Website Find
lolmaster Offline

(10-01-2013, 03:12 PM)Your Computer Wrote: It is possible that the Windows 8 driver may not be as good as the Windows 7 driver. This used to occur in Windows 7 before, but then a new driver was released where the issue was no longer experienced. But this was an issue last year.

Didn't even think about that. I opened up my old graphics card box and installed the drivers that came with the disk. So far, no problems.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 01:00 AM by lolmaster.)
10-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Now I've been having more problems. After installing the old drivers, I could use everything without it crashing. But then I had to restart my computer to install updates.

After that, it no longer worked and now the settings launcher says "GDI Generic" in place of my video card. Sigh.

Then I downloaded the latest drivers. I'll have to keep them, for now at least.

10-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

I had the issue until I replaced my video card. Happened literally every 5 minutes and I did like the first 2 months or so of my custom story dealing with that. Literally hasn't happened once since switching.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
10-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Actually just found a solution. I hope. All I did was download 12.1 Catalyst drivers, and it seems to be working fine...

10-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Find