Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large fan mesh won't stay in right spot
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Large fan mesh won't stay in right spot

I'm attempting to use the fan_round_large entity in my custom story, which has animations, but I'm trying to use it without animations. However, no matter what i do, though the body stays in the right place, the mesh appears at 0,0,0 on the map when I go into the game. Here's some of the things I've tried:

--Playing the "off" animation at the start of the level.
--Changing entity type to static object
--Removing all animations from entity

Maybe this is something the patch will fix, but so far I can't get the mesh to stay in the right spot.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 09:15 PM by Damascus.)
10-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Large fan mesh won't stay in right spot

Have you deleted .map_cache? Maybe it's the thing...

Anyways, I don't know what program has the model been done in, but you should apply all the (LocRotScale) and you should apply the center to 0, 0, 0.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

So are you trying to say that the Mesh (The original Fan) is stuck in one place, while the body (The green thing you make in the ModelEditor) will move, but the Mesh will not follow?
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM by Rapture.)
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

(10-04-2013, 04:51 PM)Rapture Wrote: So are you trying to say that the Mesh (The original Fan) is stuck in one place, while the body (The green thing you make in the ModelEditor) will move, but the Mesh will not follow?

Yeah I think that's pretty much what I mean. When I go to the place where the fan is supposed to be, there's only an empty hole, but the entity's body is still there, so it blocks the player and object.

[Image: UKxPLLd.png]

I thought it was just a problem of a missing material, until the mesh is hanging out at 0,0,0 on the map.

[Image: 3Zr8BTi.png]

The mesh and body are connected in Model Editor, so I'm still not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: I managed to solve the problem by just loading the mesh into the level as a Static Object instead of an Entity, and now it stays in the right place.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 09:14 PM by Damascus.)
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Find