Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphical Issue - Missing items unless examining something.
Sequiro Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Graphical Issue - Missing items unless examining something.

I installed the game and booted up but immediately in the first room I'm encountering a severe graphical issue that will prevent me from playing this game.

Most of the items in the room including one of the walls itself don't appear by default. The back wall the map on the table the chain the lantern hangs from, the backpack on the locker...etc..etc.

However when I click examine when the eyeball icon appears all these objects appear for however long I'm looking in this mode.

Now I JUST like 3 weeks ago did a fresh install on my desktop and downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my video card. So it's NOT outdated drivers. They are the newest possible drivers for my card.

Pentium 4HT
2GB Ram
256mb ATI Radeon X800 Pro

I searched the forum a bit but nothing about this issue I saw an issue about double items but nothing about completely invisible items unless in examine mode on an object.
09-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Issue - Missing items unless examining something.

Strange, can you grab a picture?

I'm not positive (and last I heard was from the 2006 tech demo) but ATI cards and drivers might not be supported in HPL (overture engine).
A dev will need to help you out better than I can.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical Issue - Missing items unless examining something.

Try the latest patch:
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/15/

Also, Make sure to read the patch info before installing.
09-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Find
Sequiro Offline

Threads: 4

Well I decided last night to just redo everything. I uninstalled the game I uninstalled my graphics drivers.

I reinstalled everything applied the patch and it's now working without the missing items. Don't know what the specific problem was but it is fixed.

Though the game is still touchy/buggy as it's crashed on me a couple times now. (I was screwing around with latern that I was able to examine) and I was waving a flare I lit in front of it trying to light it with it and the game crashed) Everytime I would do this the game would crash.

I just avoided doing that and haven't had any crashes since then...

I think it may be the flares that crash it. I haven't used my flares since then.
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Find